JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Processing Engineer (Unconventional Resource) - (For Relocation to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
- Expatriate position based in Saudi Arabia
- Processing engineering experience essential
- Working within the growing Unconventional Resources department to improve production
- A strong understanding of plant operations, process technologies, supply and product logistics, business drivers, cost drivers, and feedstock sensitivities
The Unconventional Resource (UR) Operations Dept is responsible for operating all the surface facilities which include the field wells and processing facilities. Their role will be to operate the well manifolds, provide field services, maintain the facility and reduce the equipment down time, perform the PM activities, provide maintenance services in addition of providing all the technical engineering and inspection activities. Additional manpower is now required to meet the significant increase in operation activity.
Saudi Aramco/UR is looking to appoint a Process Engineer to lead the process design review, follow the construction and leading the commissioning and testing activities for the new shale gas facilities. The candidate will have a thorough understanding of plant operations, process technologies, supply and product logistics, business drivers, cost drivers, and feedstock sensitivities. In addition, the incumbent will have a detailed understanding of product properties, customer applications and requirements
The Process Engineer must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies and presentations that are pivotal in shaping management’s decisions
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Process Engineer will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day technical support to the Operation and Maintenance to troubleshoot and fix process equipment
- Develop the engineering designs packages for the new installation and upgrade projects
- Review Project Proposals and Detailed Designs packages for new facilities
- Participate on the testing & commissioning of the new facilities and Turnaround and Inspection (T&I)
- Update and maintain engineering documentation and drawings
- Analyze system performance and find solution for Energy saving
- Ensure quality, cost effective and timely solutions to any upgrade
- Test and pilot new technologies
- Ensure full HSE Compliance
- Report and analyze key performance indices
- Make recommendations for technical/economic optimization of existing facilities
- Lead feasibility/profitability studies for new facilities
- Contribute to Business Unit strategy
- Assists in the training, development and mentoring of younger staff.
- Provides analysis, evaluation and interpretation in support of projects, processes, and financing related to Saudi Aramco capital investment decisions.
- Maintains and expands on contacts within the industry.
- Regularly interacts with other professionals in various company organizations involved in capital planning and economic analysis
This is a permanent, residential role in Saudi Arabia that is available on a single or family status and will hold a very competitive, tax free salary plus a full expatriate package.
- At least 15 years of working experience including 10 years of experience in the industrial operation facility, Shale gas facility is preferred. Also, has a good knowledge of the Modular skids mounted process unit.
- Detailed knowledge of industry standards and procedures such as API and ASMI codes is required to support the review of company standards, project reviews, and implementation of plant modifications to process systems.
- Experience with creating/modifying PFDs, and P&IDs
- Experience with troubleshooting process equipment and systems failures, including pumps, compressors, pipe line/piping, and dehydration systems.
- Knowledge of HYSIS and other process simulation software
- Experience in creating schematics and piping diagrams
- Conduct failure analysis and provide recommendations for failed process system, sequence of event reporting
- Experience with process equipment and systems field Installation, Commissioning and testing
- Experience in specifying piping and equipment layout
- Has good experience in dealing with corrosion related issues
- Capable of communicating with multidiscipline engineers to complete projects
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with management at all levels within the organization.
- Capable of spotting and reconciling conflicting views and interests among different parts of the organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate what are frequently complex technical, economic and commercial concepts in a clear and succinct manner to individuals and groups from diverse professional backgrounds.
- Hands-on person who will immediately command the professional respect of others who possess long-time practical experience of working in or serving the industry. Person whom others, at all levels, will seek out for advice and counsel.
- Able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, MS is preferred.
- A Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Chartered Engineer (C.Eng.) license or registration will be desirable but is not essential
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We’re a leading producer of the energy and chemicals that drive global commerce and enhance the daily lives of people around the globe by continuing delivering an uninterrupted supply of energy to the world.
Our resilience and agility has built one of the world’s largest integrated energy and chemicals companies. And we are part of the global effort toward building a low carbon economy.