JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
To be the procurement head for a holding company.
• Responsible for procurement of all direct and indirect materials required by the group with the best conditions for price, quality, and timing, in accordance with the Company Standards, Policies and Procedures.
• Manages vendor relationships and ensures negotiations on quotations, prices, delivery schedules and other conditions are conducted professionally.
• Negotiates on major contracts.
• May initiate and implement new policies for the qualification of vendors and renewal of contracts as approved by Executive Management.
• Resources Controlled: Procurement Budget
• As per authority levels: assign jobs and sets priorities; conducts performance appraisals; recommend disciplinary actions including terminations; recommend rewards, promotions & transfers; recommend and manage employee training/cross training; enforce company policies & procedures; enforce safe working practices; recommend & approve employee leave applications.
• He must be experienced in procuring chemicals / petrochemicals.
• Leads in the analysis and evaluation of the company’s overall purchasing trends to identify areas where purchases could be made in bulk.
• Checks the delivery conditions and other relevant conditions indicated in the terms for material procurement.
• Reviews and approves the negotiated price for requisitioned materials.
• Negotiates with the vendors the best price for requisitioned materials without compromising quality standards and in consideration of delivery times.
• Reviews and signs on contract with supplier’s sources.
• Monitors latest trends and best practices for implementation within the organization.
• Facilitates the timely processing of payment to vendors as per contractual agreement.
• Implements appropriate sourcing strategies to control the company’s purchase material cost and to assure adequate source of supply.
• Develops, reviews, and approves new or improved administrative, purchasing and clerical procedures to maintain economy and efficient operations.
• Works closely with Production and Quality Management in the review of quality standards for procured materials.
• Rejects any material that does not conform to the quality standards of the company.
• Leads in the development and advocacy of cost management and operational efficiency programs and initiatives in the company.
• Monitors and approve expenditures against the approved budget.
• Submits for approval any corrective actions opposite significant variances to ensure effective performance and cost control.
• Liaises with existing and potential suppliers / vendors; conducts site visit where possible and/or required.
• Selects and manages ongoing relationship with major suppliers, vendors and subcontractors.
• Organizes the evaluation of new vendors to ensure only qualified vendors are in the list.
• Ensures the compliance of suppliers to Company Policies and Procedures, and that the company receives satisfactory standard of service.
• Ensures that present vendors are evaluated on their performance.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Midad Company is a reputed and reliable provider of best-in-class products and services to the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical, power & water, and public industries. The Company is headquartered in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia with offices and plants throughout the Kingdom.
Our team’s association and experience with the main energy players, security clients and major financial institutions gives it a profound and exceptional insight of the business opportunities available.