JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Project Director to be based in our Khobar office.
This role will have direct oversight a portfolio of projects and act as the main client interface on behalf of Wood. The ideal candidate will also take a hands-on role in leading a team to generate cost proposals, win work and deliver onshore oil and gas projects through FEED and EPC.
- P&L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable / billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to establish timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, resource requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Ensures adherence to corporate policy and best practice, and sets project evaluation parameters
- Negotiates changes to project scope with the customer
- Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule, and quality
- Pursues and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalization and technology use, work share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Approves project procedures and project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Oversees proposals and call-offs (may be single projects) within delegation of authority, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct
- Monitors adherence to schedule, cost and quality and proactively intervenes to avoid slippage
- Ensures that the required project management software systems are established for the project and the supporting training is completed
- Ensure the project assurance protocol and schedule are established
- Involved in establishing terms and conditions, and wider scope and larger size of projects may require more visibility in the community as well as activity in attracting project staff
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established, and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Drives good practices, including corporate initiatives, across projects and programs
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree (bachelors or masters) in relevant discipline or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), associate in project management (APM) or equivalent certification is preferred
- Typically requires more than 20 years of broad and extensive pertinent experience, including minimum 10 years project management experience, mastering their area and knowledgeable about impacts on other areas; of which substantial experience successfully managing major / complex international or remote location projects
- Requires strong technical skill as relevant to the project scope(s)
- Good level of experience in the related field, industry, and locations of the work
- Has thorough knowledge of project success and benefits management
- Expert in stakeholder management with extensive experience in managing challenging stakeholders and able to coach and advise others in this area
- Thorough understanding of requirements management from creation to monitoring to verification of complex project requirements and their linkage to business benefits
- Knowledge of workflow management, established policies for engineering ownership, globalization of projects and request for tender process
- Experienced in assembling and managing multi-phase project budgets, including risk contingency
- Expert Practitioner in Risk Management processes, well versed in how risks are transposed into cost, time and contingency estimates and forecasts
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.