JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
To coordinate retail store fit outs, retail store renovations, store closures and retail / office relocation projects across the retail portfolio in KSA, ensuring that all projects are coordinated and delivered to the highest possible standards by adhering to cost and time efficiencies.
What you will do:
- Supports and Assists Designer in conducting site surveys and report for new locations.
- Coordinates and assists Project Manager and Landlord meetings for his/her projects and distributes minutes of the meeting to all stakeholders.
- Assist to prepare the project schedule for any new project under his/her portfolio of brands and kick off meeting conducted with all stakeholders.
Performance Indicators (How accountability is measured)
- Provide the survey report in the correct RSD format.
- Effective and consistent communication
- Standard project schedule template prepared for all new projects.
Pre-Construction / Tendering & Procurement
- Supports the Procurement Manager and QS in confirming quantities for long lead materials. Follows up on material orders ensuring on track for project delivery.
- Project administration issuance and tracking as required
On Site Execution
- Liaise with landlords/local; authorities / professional consultants and manage contractors so that all 3rd party approvals to start work are in place
- Conduct weekly site progress meetings with appointed contractor and all other relevant stakeholders, ensuring that all projects are coordinated on site to deliver within the prescheduled time frames, costs and quality standards
- Ensure all project based administrative work is completed on time and accurately.
- Ensure onsite Health and Safety Standards are maintained and adhered to.
- Ensure onsite high Standards of quality are maintained and adhered to.
- Ensures that all re-instatement projects are managed effectively until handover to LL.
- To assist PM in solving issues on actual site condition.
- To assist PM to ensure that inspection request is on schedule to all involve parties.& resolve compliance issues escalated by FSSC
Post Construction / Close Out
- Coordinate / Deliver As-Built Drawings & Operational Manuals post Opening
- Consolidate Project information on project completion into Post Construction Pack.
- Ensure completion of project closure documents to Landlord for fit-out deposit refund.
- To assist PM in consolidating all final invoices to clear for each completed project
- React by coordinating Store Operational team's maintenance issues & requirements during the liability period
- Ensure Handover to FM team as per agreed SOP.team and communicate closure of stores & company codes
Required Skills to be successful
- Constant communication with various stakeholders as well as 3rd parties,
- Technical competency and understanding of fit out work and processes.
- Must be Arabic Speaker
- Civil or Architectural.
- Have a same experience at retails work.
What equips you for the role
- Formal qualification in Architecture/design, civil engineering, or project management.
- Working knowledge of project management, office, and design soft ware
- Minimum 5 years working in an interior f it out environment either from the contractor or client's side
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer's in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.