JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Department - Delivery Services/Project Management
Reports To: Project Manager/Project Director
- Project controls
- Procurement and Contracts
- Engineering and Design functions
- Typically manages multiple small projects, a single medium project or a portion of a large or mega project within the organization and/or for customers, with daily operational responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing and administering project and Worley policies and procedures in order to successfully achieve project objectives
- Works with others on the project team to develop technical/functional solutions to strategic project objectives
- Is competent to assist in larger projects in any project function
- Can effectively manage client stakeholders independently .
- Demonstrates full commitment to all health and safety matters and provides safety leadership to project team
- Effectively leads and mentors project team comprised of multi-discipline/ multi-location members, including providing clear roles/responsibilities and training opportunities
- Sets clear objectives for the project team including scope, schedule, productivity and budget targets
- Ensures Worley methodologies, processes, tools and systems are used throughout the project and compliance requirements are met/satisfied
- Applies knowledge of all aspects of a project (engineering, procurement, quality control, etc.) to oversee the successful execution of the project plan
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering project delivery workflow and coordination
- Applies in-depth knowledge of customer contract to the oversight and management of the project
- Strong understanding and application of business drivers, financial reporting standards
- Tracks cost and schedule and uses analytical skill to forecast trends
- Project design deliverables and design quantities are tracked and analysed
- Understands project cost buildup including gross margin
- Ensures proper change control processes are understood and used by the project team
- Understands contract invoice terms and company cash flow requirements, including accounts receivable, work in progress, and days sales outstanding (DSO) metrics
- Experienced in preparing Project Execution Plan covering all aspects of the scope
- Manages execution, coordination, and implements regular reviews/controls to track project progress
- Incorporates Value Creation and Sustainable Solutions objectives into project plan, measures and delivers objectives
- Effectively communicate and take a leadership role in preparing and presenting proposals and reports to staff and management
- Creates an environment for open communication and builds high performing teams built on trust and respect
- Resolves issues and conflicts within the project team including with the customer
- Manages customer representatives and other significant stakeholders
- Identifies potential risks or new risks as the project progresses and effectively develops risk mitigation, contingency and resolution plans
- Follows Worley risk management procedures
- Has 12 years engineering experience, including 10 years of relevant supervisory, project management and/or technical experience; Workshare experience; E, EP project experience
- Demonstrated PM experience leading small and medium projects or portions of large projects; EPCM, EPC including site assignments (projects up to US$5M to US$10M in total value )
- Demonstrated high level of customer service, with leadership and communication skills
- Advanced understanding of systems, processes and tools related to field
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Can organize information from many sources and retain as per the prescribed format and policies
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent
- Professional registration in local jurisdiction; Certified Project Management Professional by a globally recognized project management organization (IPMA, APM, PMI, AIPM ).
- Eligible for AIPM Level 5 (Registered Project Manager) certification or equivalent
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.