JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Reporting to the Water Management Director and working within a team of specialized SME and Architects, this position will be responsible for the delivery and execution of projects that are aligned with digital water strategies. As an integral member of the Water Management team, the key responsibilities will also include the development of project artefacts such as project plans, budgets, schedules and status reports while also assisting to improve the effectiveness and maturity of project management practices across the organization.
• Lead the development and execution of projects against defined budget, timeframe and deliverable targets
• Lead the framework and good practices of project management inside the Water Management team
• Provide leadership to internal stakeholders and project members in the development of as-is and to-be process maps as well as the completion of other BA activities, tasks and artefacts
• Effective management of project performance through adherence to the G8 project management framework, including the development of project artefacts including budgets, schedules, risk registers and post-implementation reviews
• Effectively influence and lead cross-functional teams, building strong and professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Lead effective project progress, status and governance meetings with a range of stakeholders
• Ensure effective handover of completed projects including measurement of outcomes and supporting the transition of projects into business-as-usual operations for end users
• Oversee Change Management and Training Programs are in place to support systems, process and practice changes
• General support to Procurement process, supporting the interaction with this time inside NEOM
• Bachelor in Engineering
• Desirable Certification on Project Management or Agile PRINCE2 or PMI for example
• 12-15 years of project management experience
• Desirable knowledge on leading projects on one or many of the following; Asset Management, Digital Twins, BIM, IoT, Monitoring and/or BPM
• Desired, not essential experience in IT Project Management in broad range of large corporate scale IT projects, ideally on the Utilities or specifically on the Water Utility space
• Desired, not essential experience experience managing new IT systems, Implementation of New digital and non-digital process
• A technical IT background is preferable, but not essential
• Worked in Agile project environments, ideally with a SAFE certification or similar
• Experience as a Scrum Master is a bonus
• Desired, not essential – experience with water
• Ability to multitask and work on several projects at once
• Strong senior stakeholder management and/or vendor management skills
• Experience working in large corporate scale project environments
• Confident and capable to work in a solo capacity or with a team of business SME’s and Architects
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.