JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Project Manager holds the responsibility to direct, manage and lead the PMC (Project Management
Consultant) team and successfully deliver a program/project as defined by the client. He is the main communication link with the Client Project Manager to whom he is accountable and other key stakeholders. He will set the overall strategy for the PMC team and will also be the prime contact with EPC Contractors’ senior managers and also Italconsult senior management.He will advise the Branch and Commercial Managers In strategic business development opportunities from his existing client.He will also input to the development of the Branch business plan.
As part of the senior management team, the incumbent holds the responsibility to liaise and coordinate with the Branch Manager and the rest of the senior management team/peers with all matters related to operational,contractual,implementation,construction,administration,logistics,etc.issues required for the success of the program in accordance with the client expectations.
• Directly Accountable through the client's Project Manager for Program implementation.
• Key interface between the project,other programs and the branch office-part of the branch senior management team. share lesson with the programs.
• Provide leadership and guidance to all project team members to ensure effective and efficient flow of work.
• Chairs relevant monthly and project management team meetings.
• Leads the development of key performance indicators to measure the overall performance against the program and project goals.
• Monitors performance to assure successful delivery of the Key Performance Indicators and client contractual requirements.
• Accountable for program delivering to time and budget as well as expected results for HSE and Client satisfaction.
• Directs the oversight of the Project plans,as well as ensuring their compliance with client and company's rules and policies.
• Ensuring the proper management and control of all tasks and activities at all stages and conditions in order to ensure delivering outcomes to meet contractual requirements within the required timeframe,budget and quality.
• Ensure that progress payments to contractors and consultants are properly monitored and approved.
• Advice and provide the PMC Team with client needs and requirements during the project developments and ensure its implementations.
• Identifies priorities and tasks,and develops the necessary measures to assure execution of tasks, by providing clear direction on methods,timeframe and schedule to achieve the stated goals.
• Engage with the client on any change or where clarification is needed and advice the Client on any potential variation to the Contractor’s scope of work that may generate cost or time impact and presents an assessment.
• Manage and control the performance of the PMC and contractors monitoring closely variation orders, payments, and claims.
• Resolves or escalates major issues and initiates corrective and mitigating actions.
• Manages the performance of all PMC Team.
• Master's Degree from an internationally recognized University in Civil Engineering.
• Minimum of 15 years’ post graduation working experience .
• Considerable amount of experience as Project Manager.
• Experience in project management with large scale, multi-site development expertise with a strong track-record of completion and delivery.
• Fluency in both verbally and written English & Arabic.
• Native Arabic proficiency is mandatory in reading, writing and speaking.
• Membership of an international project management association is preferred but not mandatory.
• PMP certification is strongly preferred.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ITALCONSULT is an Italian engineering consulting company established in Rome in 1957 by the largest industrial groups of that time for giving evidence throughout the world of the Italian know-how and capacity to perform engineering.
From December 2012, the Company has a new share structure formed by Bevilacqua Engineering Group, actively operating in Italy in the sector of public and private transport infrastructure (with construction costs amounting to more than 12 billion US$ in the last ten years) through the Companies SIS S.p.A. Studio di Ingegneria Stradale and A&S, Autostrade e Strade Engineering S.p.A., now merged into ITALCONSULT, and two groups representatives of the Italian excellence in the economic and financial fields: Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., one of the biggest Italian bank very active in supporting infrastructure investments and also in foreign activities (countries of Central Eastern Europe, Middle East and Northern Africa), and Tecnoinvestimenti Srl, belonging to the Italian Chambers of Commerce through TECNOHOLDING S.p.A., enjoying their own national and international network able to foster investment initiatives and programmes as well as to activate bilateral technical-commercial agreements.