JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Due to the continued success of our Saudi Arabia office, Rider Levett Bucknall is currently seeking a Project Controls Manager to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for high calibre individuals to join and strengthen the commercial section of the Project Management Division.
A background in a tier 1 PMC is essential as successful candidates will be also expected to contribute to the on-going success of the team by spotting and pursuing new opportunities to grow the business. Must have demonstrable experience of having been employed as a Project Controls Manager for a minimum of 5 years. Proven tact and diplomacy in dealings with client organizations in the Middle East is essential.
This will be an extremely rewarding role working for a company with excellent growth plans in the Middle East. The Project comprises a high-end mixed-use portfolio of projects on a single master plan located in Riyadh, KSA comprising leisure and entertainment, residential and infrastructure assets. This commission will require 6-day week working.
• Manages the planning function according to the Client requirements
• Scheduling, monitoring & control
• Works closely with Project Controls Function
• Review and approval of contractor’s programmes
• Formulate and execute strategies to demonstrate areas of under-performance, using as-built project data found within reports, handover documentation, progress updates and minutes of meetings.
• System for effective planning, scheduling, monitoring and control
• Sets overall time-frame for the program in line with the Program strategy and programme objectives.
• Compliance to Statutory Approvals obligations by all parties
• Continuous improvement of planning processes and procedures across project portfolio
• Management of level 1, 2 and 3 programmes and resulting focus schedules (e.g. for design or procurement)
• Set standards / guidelines for Planning
• Identification of key stages of work at the Programme Plan level (scheduling)
• Creates an understanding of the logistic requirements for the delivery plan and to provide the planning of the temporary logistic requirements
• Executive quality audits of project and supply chain programmes
• Manage scheduling and coordination of work by determining operational priorities and resolving work load problems
• Evaluate work techniques and methods for conformance to established standards
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role. They will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Degree in Project Management or similar technical discipline is essential
• Must be proficient in the use of Primavera P6 software
• Full membership of a Professional Body (RICS/CIOB/APM) is desirable.
• A minimum of 10 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a consultancy or end user client.
• Middle East experience is essential.
• Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for RLB KSA
• Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
• Must be a self-starter as this role is a stand-alone position, as the only planner on the project
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
• Western educated candidates preferred
ABOUT THE COMPANY
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.