JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
To help the purchasing manager on the day to day purchasing functions, be conversant with the Items used in the hotel, having the market knowledge of various Items. Process the purchase indents and seek inquiry of Compiling comparatives, organize proper system for follow up of pending supplies. Facilities and administer Purchase functions in the absence of Purchasing manager
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Expedite delivery of purchase orders.
- Assist in preparing request for quotations.
- Obtain competitive pricing (at least 3 Bids) for specifications as directed.
- Prepare budget shells from designer specifications.
- Prepare reports such as bid summaries
- Close project files and maintain project storage log.
- Maintain disclaimers, credit applications and vendor information
- Provide back up for support staff.
- Closely able to work with receiving clerk
- Performing all Admin Assistant Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Self motivated with strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Work with a sense of urgency and detail oriented
- Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, and MC systems is recommended.
- Knowledge of the local market is an asset
- Experience working in a purchasing environment as asset
- Community College diploma or equivalent experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.