JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Key Accountability Areas
- Understand the detailed requirements for each purchase request (description, specifications, Quantity, UOM, Delivery Date,...) with required alignment / coordination with the requester or related BU technical teams.
- Manage the execution of purchase requests through processing of RFx (RFQ,RFI,...) from the identified source list (Approved / Qualified) suppliers
- Negotiate for the best purchase conditions considering the required specifications & delivery time and costs elements (lower price, best delivery date, best Inco term / payment term,..).
- Initiate the alternative materials specifications according to market materials availability with the involvement of related BU technical teams
- Compare the quotations based on the approved comparison form considering the best commercial (landed Cost) and delivery terms.
- Identification of selected supplier with the involvement of BU related technical teams / requester "if required" and issue the Purchase order on the System to the winner supplier based on supplier winner criteria.
- Ensure the PO will have all the required attached DMS (Quotations, communications,... )
- Follow alfanar PO approval matrix to have final approved order.
- Send approved purchase orders to suppliers and follow to receive order acknowledgment
- Follow the PO delivery schedule with supplier and related department (Inbound Logistic) till materials arrival and up to closing the order by paying the money to supplier.
- Effectively contribute in procurement activities (Sourcing, Development , Evaluation , contracting..) considering the required coordination with related commodity head.
- Maintain the Vendor master information and ensure its UpToDate.
- Managing non conformity process for rejected supplied materials, lead the correct / preventive actions with the involvement of other related departments (Quality, Store , Finance,....)
- Visit suppliers for required prequalification, evaluate, develop suppliers and strengthen business partnership by coordination with related commodity head and BU quality teams
- Training of sub-ordinates and forming a team to get the work effectively achieved.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to subordinates in all aspects of their work.
- Delegate sub-ordinates in each respective assignment.
- Ensures fair distribution of tasks to maintain morale, motivation of subordinates.
- Perform the planned activities to meet the operational and development targets as per delivery schedules.
- Utilize resources effectively to achieve objectives within efficient cost and time.
- Provide a periodic report formatted by detailing the deviation and execution of planned tasks.
- Resolve any related problems arise and escalate any complex operational issues.
- Ensure quality requirements to develop effective quality control and processes including specifications for products or processes or related activities.
Business Process Improvement (Effectiveness):
- Coordinate well-defined written systems, policies, procedures, and seeking automations opportunities as much as possible.
- Comply to related policy & procedures and work instructions.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure compliance of relevant safety, quality, and environmental management procedures and controls within defined area of work activity to guarantee safety, legislative compliance, and delivery of high-quality products/services.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 2 to 5 Years
Technical / Functional Competencies
- Work under pressure
- Project Management
- MS Office
- Time Management
- Well Organized
- Analytical thinking
ABOUT THE COMPANY
alfanar builds efficient energy systems & solutions of the present and sets up infrastructures for a brighter future.
We assist utility sector partners & customers in transforming cities into sustainable, habitable, and inclusive Smart Cities by harnessing renewable energy resources from wind, solar, and waste heat energy. Promoting the transition to a sustainable eco-conscious future.
Using world-class technologies, we develop unrivaled quality electrical solutions & products from our manufacturing facilities, to solve the world’s major energy challenges and make the world a better viable place.
Diligence, Efficiency, and Innovation are the key criteria our teams adopt in order to continuously provide effective solutions. We’re constantly equipping our teams with the tools they need to expand their horizons and reach higher grounds.
Being in an ever-changing environment with a crucial impact on their surroundings, our employees are nurtured to become keen thinkers with highly refined skills and a consistent outlook on the future, working together on finding the next big innovation.