JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Sofitel Al Khobar The Corniche
French luxury and local cuisine in the world's most exciting city
The magnificent 5-star Sofitel Al Khobar the Corniche hotel is a triumph of contemporary architecture. Luxury is the key word for this hotel located in the heart of the vibrant city of Al-Khobar with its thriving business district and convention centre. By joining Sofitel, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following ACCOR Standards of Performance.
- To be involved in day to day audit work on operation and to advise the Financial Controller on the market conditions.
- Implement and maintain the policies and procedures on the process of procurement.
- Support and encourage the objective of cost control and maintain traces for audit.
- Obtains quotations and completes market surveys to ensure high quality products for the best prices.
- Negotiates with suppliers to achieve this aim.
- Place purchase orders and ensure delivery of supplies and equipment to the hotel by the deadlines required.
- Maintain purchasing records and reviews periodically with regard to minimum stock levels.
- Review and refine equipment specifications with Department Heads for the effective completion of the Capital Expenditure Budget
- Organize and attend information meetings between suppliers and Managers with regards to major purchases or projects.
- Maintain equipment and supplies catalogues and an inventory of various products in the market to be able to provide immediate service to colleagues.
- Ensure all purchases are streamlined and there is maximum savings where possible without sacrificing on quality.
- Liaise closely with the Executive Chef to ensure food purchases are delivered on timely and to the quality standard specified.
- Keep up to date with import requirements, duties and banking practices, and can facilitate efficient importation of necessary goods.
- To identify and recruit Accounting & Finance employees who are able to work within the decentralized Management Philosophy, following Financial, Operational and Administrative Philosophies outlined above and who understand and support ACCOR Philosophy of Multi Skilling and Multi Tasking.
- To ensure that each Accounting & Finance Supervisor plans and implements effective training programs for their staff with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
- To ensure that each Head of Department maximizes productivity and morale with their respective departments and consistently maintain discipline following hotel Policies & Procedures and local legislation.
- To develop departmental trainers, assign training responsibilities and meet with Departmental Trainers monthly.
- To prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with workload and priorities for the approval by the Director of Finance.
- To conduct yearly performance appraisal and give employees regular feedback on their performance.
- To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self control.
- To carry out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- 5-7 years of experience in major hotels operations or head office
- Experience in Saudi Arabia market
- Previous experience in strategic sourcing, and category management
- Fluent English and Arabic
- Previous exposure to Leadership and stakeholder management role
- Good communication skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.