JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• The Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment (QHSE) Manager is responsible for the development and implementation, and monitoring of occupational safety, health, and environmental management, in line with regulatory requirements and company policies and standards. In addition, the QHSE Supervisor will maintain and monitor quality assurance.
• Preparation of work procedures, checklists, and the maintenance of all required documents and records to ensure the implementation of occupational safety and health management system in accordance with applicable health, safety, and environmental regulation, permits, contractual requirements, and company policy and standards.
• Develop and implement programs and action plans to promote key performance indicators and achieve Health, Safety, and environmental (HSE) targets. Monitors and reports periodically on KPIs.
• Identify and manage health, safety, and environmental risks, accessing and following competent advice, monitoring, reporting, and reviewing performance. Identify opportunities for continual improvement of systems, processes, and practices.
• Collaborate effectively with all departments for overall compliance and optimization of HSE within the facility and with Veolia.
• Assist with the development of the employees to promote the knowledge and implementation of Health & Safety practices. Fosters engagement, ownership, best HSE practices, and behaviors within the team.
• Organize and monitor (in coordination with HR) the training of new and existing members of the team, with regard to Health, Safety, and Environment information so they learn the skills necessary to do the job safely and proficiently. Work with HR in the formulation of all QHSE training.
• Conduct workplace audits to minimize or alleviate unsafe workplace behaviors/conditions and prevent workplace accidents.
• Problem-solve and provide recommendations related to workplace practices/conditions and accident investigations.
• Provide advice and guidance to managers/supervisors and employees to ensure all regulations/standards/process and procedure compliance.
• Contributes to the preparation and monitoring of the QHSE budget.
• Perform and report QHSE Inspections, Audits, site visits, Near Misses, Incident investigations, Emergency Drills, and timely responses and personal commitment to QHSE issues reports.
• Follow up with HR for regular medical tests of the staff.
• Assist the Emergency Coordinator in any incident management.
Number required: 1
Duration: 1 year
Desired start date: ASAP
Working Hours: 40
Qualifications and Experience:
• Certificate in Health & Safety, NEBOSH, or equivalent
• Hold an HSE Diploma, Degree, or equivalent.
• 7 years of HSE experience.
• 2 years as HSE Manager Role
• Experience in working environments of hazardous waste, petrochemical, or incineration facilities is an advantage
• Management, Industrial Hygiene, ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor, NEBOSH, IOSH, ASSE Certificate in Global Safety Management or equivalent courses are an advantage
• Certified in the Saudi OHS program is an advantage.
• Rigorous approach and you are present with operators on-site as needed
• Good communication/presentation skills, both in English and Arabic, to be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
• Computer skills at the user level, capacity to learn specific corporate software/applications as required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good human relationship
• Rigorous, cautious, and fully dedicated to safety (always safe)
• Acceptance of multicultural and multilingual atmosphere.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.