JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Identify the Risks associated with the projects.
• Work on the Risk Register.
• Define Challenges, Issues properly and address them to the Management in a timely manner.
• Prepare the risk mitigation plan.
• Report on potential risks and their responses.
• Advise on the probability and Impact Matrix for each project.
• The Risk Manager should have a strong background in pre-construction management, including contract management, procurement, tendering, estimating, and cost.
• The Risk Manager should have an excellent working knowledge of schedule management, the sequence of activities from pre-design to design development to construction and closeout.
• The Risk Manager should have a strong background in various methods of project delivery systems, including lump sum, cost-plus, and target cost contracts.
• The Risk Manager should be able to facilitate meetings with clients, consultants, and contractors to identify, assess, and evaluate risk issues arising from different phases in the project lifecycle.
• The Risk Manager should prepare and implement a risk management plan for construction projects outlining the processes to mitigate risks. These plans should include risk identification procedures, risk evaluation procedures, and risk mitigation procedures.
• The Risk Manager should possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal dealing with clients and consultants.
• The Risk Manager will frequently facilitate meetings with clients, consultants, and other management teams.
• The Risk Manager should have an excellent background in handling costs, claims associated with cost and time, change order management, and conflict resolution.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Management from an accredited university.
• Minimum of 17+ years of experience in Engineering and/or Project Management and in a functional role as Risk Manager on mega projects.
• Proven experience and skills in identifying problems, evaluating alternatives and finding solutions. • Reliability and initiative to succeed without direct supervision.
• Proven experience and familiarity with commercial risk management practices and procedures, preferably in a similar cutting context.
• Previous experience in identifying risks (costs/schedule quality/safety).
• Previous experience maintaining risk management databases (eg. Active Risk Management program).
• Previous experience with ERM procedures.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering