JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Aquila Consulting are working in partnership with a highly recognised Engineering Consultancy, based on the iconic AlUla project in KSA. Due to project ramp up, they have an exciting opening for a Safety Manager with a construction background.
Reporting to the Programme Director, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Monitor the contractor's activities, to ensure compliance with their SH&E plan/procedures & regulations (Spends more than 75% of time on site inspecting jobsite & accommodations for unsafe conditions.)
• Organize and participate in site safety meetings and training programs.
• Maintain close liaison with the Client's and Contractor's Safety Personnel.
• Review safety inspection reports as submitted by Safety Officers.
• Conduct own inspections as required by HSES Management Plan.
• Check safety requirements in method statements and permit to work procedures submitted by the Contractor.
• Provide corrective action recommendations in the field.
• Be willing to stop work if necessary.
• Check site security, fire, first aid and welfare facilities and procedures appropriate to the works are provided and properly maintained.
• Assist in investigating all accidents and dangerous occurrences and report in accordance with clients program requirements Drive safety cultural change/behaviors through behavioral based safety processes.
• Proven experience as a safety Manager on a major construction project in the GCC
• In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Aquila Consulting is a Dubai based talent recruitment company established by individuals with unrivalled recruitment expertise in Global Search and Selection. We offer our clients a partner-centric, personalised, and mature approach to focusing and delivering on their international talent requirements.
What makes us stand out from the crowd is the rigor and passion we bring to the recruitment process. We offer unparalleled performance, transparency, and advocacy, taking the time to fully understand your organisational vision, culture, structure and leadership needs.
Aquila Consulting pride ourselves on seamlessly delivering the most efficient time and cost saving recruitment solution for your business.