JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
The Sales Supervisor is responsible for establishing customer relationships through personalized services, achieving sales targets / receivables, managing stock. He/ she is also responsible to build, train, supervise and motivate a team of front-liners.
- Build and maintain customer relationships in order to build strong loyalty
- Communicate with customers to assess their needs, provide assistance in satisfying those needs and meeting or surpassing customer's expectations
- Address customers' queries about products, prices, availability, product uses, and services
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories and customer data base, following leads from existing clients, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Introduce the company's profile and communicate the selection of products available
- Provide market feedback to the Sales Manager regarding movement of goods / brands. Sales Focus
- Monitor sales activities to ensure that the sales targets are met
- Supervise the sales process by following up on orders, deliveries (and collections)
- Ensure that payment and collection of receivables is done in a timely and diplomatic fashion
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager on the budget requirements and limits
- Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business. Stock Replenishment
- Ensure in store stock replenishment in the appropriate shelves/counters, at appropriate times
- Oversee the ordering and replenishment of all goods to avoid running out of stock and process orders if necessary
- Maintain a running inventory. Merchandising
- Ensure merchandising guidelines have been met for all brands
- Implementing on the field launches / animations in line with Brand Managers. Man Management
- Understand and communicate the organization's priorities to ensure team's alignment with Group's objectives
- Supervise assigned personnel (e.g. screening, interviewing, recommending, training, evaluating, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring that department outcomes are achieved
- Oversee workload of department for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting operational requirements
- Ensure proper induction of new employees
- Responsible for conducting periodic performance appraisal to all assigned staff, and for growth, development, engagement and motivation, coaching and guiding of the department's employees.
- Monitor front-liners attendance, leave and vacations
- Commission calculation and timely submission to H.R. Previous Experience
What you'll need to succeed
- 4-5 years in Sales / Customer service
- Arabic/English Speaker
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.