JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
This role will consist of enforcing company wide compliance policies and procedures and overseeing risk management.
Our client, based in Saudi Arabia, is a world-leading contractor in the Oil & Gas sector.
* Develop and implement new compliance policies based on legacy processes and industry best practices.
* Work collaboratively with the Chief Compliance Office and senior cross sector management to advice and address challenging issues/cases including consulting with relevant attorneys
* Over see all business operations from a compliance perspective, coordinating with cross-function managers to review departmental policies
* Perform periodic compliance reviews and lead company training and awareness sessions on legal and compliance matters
* Develop risk management strategics in relation to compliance risks and follow up on compliance issues that require investigation
* Support and supervise the compliance team
* Competitive tax-free salary with a strong benefits package
* Bachelor's Degree in Law, Finance, Business Administration or Management with a minimum of 9 years of previous working experience
* Established experience and knowledge of compliance
* Experience in Oil & Gas or a relevant sector is preferable
* Strong knowledge of industrial process and regulations internally and within the Kingdom
* Fluent English, Arabic is a plus
* Interpersonal abilities with excellent organisational and analytical skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.