JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Senior Design Manager (Tabuk, KSA)
Currie & Brown is looking for a Senior Design Manager with hospitality experience to join our team in Tabuk, KSA (this role is based in a remote location in KSA). You will be part of the project management team and lead the design management function of large scale and complex projects.
What will you be doing?
- Assist develop the project brief
- Develop scope of services for all required design consultants
- Manage the procurement of design consultants
- Develop and implement the design management plan
- Develop a design responsibility matrix to clarify roles and responsibilities of the respective design consultants
- Manage the design process
- Manage all design consultants
- Chair key design and project meetings
- Oversee design consultants activities
- Review design consultant deliverables to ensure compliance with the project brief and client requirements
- Monitor and manage the design schedule(s)
- Assist develop the project quality plan
- Lead design change control
- Provide advice on methods of construction and undertake constructability reviews of the design
- Manage all design consultants in accordance with the project BIM requirements
- Oversee the implementation of the sustainability program / requirements
- Assist develop the statutory approval flow chart for all design stages
- Oversee preparation of all technical documentation required for construction tender packages
What do you need?
- BA / BEng (Hons) or equivalent degree
- Previous experience leading large design commissions
- Experience and proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary design team
- Previous experience working within a project management consultancy
- Proven team leader capabilities, behaviours and values
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Knowledge of industry best practice
- Knowledge of codes, regulations and specifications
- Design gateway control processes
- Proven ability as technical advisor to the client
- Experience during both pre-contract and post-contract phases
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Currie & Brown is one of the world's leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure - the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an 'off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all' solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.