JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Red Sea International Airport (RSI) is a sustainable gateway opening Saudi Arabia up to the world. Guests are guaranteed a seamless and luxurious journey as they arrive to and depart from their stay at The Red Sea or Amaala. RSI is pioneering a new operational approach to reduce the time spent completing the arrival or departure process. There will be no baggage claims area. Instead, luggage will be delivered to guests’ hotel rooms to shorten processing times.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our team in Saudi Arabia to work on our Red Sea Airport Project as a Senior Design Manager to support the Airport Technical Director and Associate Director for Airport Engineering in covering all aspects of Design Development, Tendering and Construction Support of the Red Sea Airport, including monitoring of design progress, reviews of the design, presentations and submissions, coordination of various Construction Packages, review of contractors’ method statements and assessment of contractors’ alternative proposals for compliance in respect of aerodrome regulatory and technical standards.
The appointed Senior Manager for Airport Engineering will interface with the design consultants, monitor their progress, carry out the reviews of design in respect of technical, regulatory and statutory compliance including General Authority for Civil Aviation (GACA) and other statutory stakeholders, provide comments and follow up with the consultants, provide technical advise to the package managers and the construction team, ensure comments are addressed as per the directions and requirements of RSG’s Directors.
The key roles and responsibilities will be:
- Oversee the airport engineering design in connection with all aspects of the new airport development and ensure compliance of design with aerodrome regulatory requirements and the project’s approved parameters
- Ensure the design aims to deliver RSG’s sustainability goals for the project and wider development
- Provide technical inputs on the design and construction of airfield infrastructure including runways, taxiways, aprons, airside roads, etc
- Provide technical inputs on the design and construction of builders work in connection with airport systems and operational items including aeronautical ground lighting, navigational aids, communications and surveillance systems, security and screening systems, baggage handling systems etc.
- Participate in Value Engineering and be proactive in controlling costs.
- Actively manage work programmes for timely delivery of tasks and ultimately the project.
- Provide airport operational oversight on the design of all the airport infrastructure, functional and operational facilities
- Active participation in design reviews and project meetings
- Coordinate work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support staff
- Undertake site inspections as and when the need arises
- Support site teams and package managers during the construction phase of various elements of this airport project, this will include responding to design and technical queries in a timely manner
- Bachelor and/or Masters degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University
- Professional Registration equivalent to Chartered Engineer
- Minimum 10 years of aviation experience with proven engineering design skills in respect of airfield pavements, airport buildings and infrastructure
- Familiarity with GACA, ICAO, EASA and FAA standards and practices
- Understanding of Airport Planning, Terminal Planning and the various operational processes
- Knowledge of Rescue and Firefighting and Aerodrome Emergency Planning
- Understanding of operational readiness and certification processes for aerodromes and heliports.
- Working knowledge of the airport environment and various design guides applicable to development of airports
- Appreciative knowledge on construction techniques and interface management of different work packages
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Red Sea Global (RSG) has been incorporated as a closed joint stock company, wholly owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF).
The company has been established to develop and promote a new international luxury tourism destination that will set new standards for sustainable development and bring about the next-generation of luxury travel. The project was announced in July 2017 and is one of the three Giga Projects aimed at diversifying the Saudi economy in keeping with the Kingdom’s 2030 Vision.
The development will offer unprecedented investment options and provide visitors with the opportunity to explore the five untouched treasures of the west coast of Saudi Arabia; the archipelago of over 90 islands with stunning coral reefs, dormant volcanoes and untouched nature reserves.