JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Senior Electrical / Electrical Engineer - Remote Areas (Saudi - Um Luj)
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation, and other infrastructure programmes.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering consultants, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region
- Carry out Building Services Electrical Engineering Design on Lighting and power design to British, and local Standards.
- Coordinate with Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers and any other design consultants.
- Coordinate with, instruct and supervise Electrical Engineers and Auto CAD Technicians.
- Carry out arithmetical checks and independent design checks of other Engineer's design and design reviews.
- Report to Head of the MEP Department.
- Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of their own work and the work of the team. Complete engineering work within the agreed programme, or notify the Head of MEP Department if not.
- Responsible for the checking of CAD works done under their supervision.
- To instruct CAD operators in all project related matters.
- To adhere to QA procedures and advise Engineers/Technicians.
- To coordinate on a day-to-day basis for which the design of projects they have been appointed with other members of the design team.
- Compile Tender Documents.
- Manage Electrical project Local Authority (UPDA) DC1 and DC2 submittals.
- Evaluate Contractor submittals and write reports.
- Analyse problems, develop solutions.
- Minute and Report writing skills.
- Full time degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- A minimum of 11 plus years' in capacity as a Electrical Engineer and 15 plus years' in capacity as a Senior Electrical Engineer with site supervision experience of working in High Rise Commercial, Residential and Hotel projects
- Member of IET (or equivalent)
- CEng qualification preferred
- Experience in the design of high-rise services (G+40 preferable)
- Experience in Middle East
- Understanding of district cooling principals
Rewards & Benefits
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 26 working days annual leave.
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual return airfare to point of origin
Our commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
What does equality, diversity and inclusion look like at the SNC-Lavalin Group?
We believe in providing everyone with an equal voice because simply put, it's the right thing to do.
Find out more about life at SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).