JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Whole industries have been disrupted and transformed in recent years by technology. As a technology consulting professional, you'll help businesses realize the value they can gain from their IT investments - supporting strategy and being a key growth driver. As part of a high-performing team, you'll deliver exceptional client service - providing advice on how technology enablement, digital transformation and enterprise intelligence contribute to performance improvement, as well as how technology can act as multiplying effect during major program transformations.
As organizations look to leverage the advantage technology offers, we'll work with you to develop the consultancy and analytical skills that you'll need in today's environment. Working on projects that cross borders and sectors, the experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else. So, whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY is looking for an ' Cloud Architect ' to join our rapidly expanding Technology Consulting team. The role will be based in KSA and will serve MENA clients both remotely and onsite across different MENA locations and mainly GCC countries.
- Serve as subject matter expert on cloud strategies and cloud solution implementation projects
- Lead the delivery of implementing and maintaining complex cloud solutions (incl. public cloud offerings - AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Managed large and complex cloud projects end-to-end from inception and requirement to operations/support
- Deep knowledge of assessing legacy applications to migrate to optimal cloud solutions based on deep analysis and provide recommendations for leading practices for migration approach
- Provide advice on which applications or workloads are suitable for running in the cloud rather than on-premises
- Experience in cloud solutions across IaaS and PaaS services including compute, storage, networking, data, analytics, DevOps, and cloud migration & modernization related services
- Experience of hybrid cloud and private cloud, cloud architecture and design patterns. Overall knowledge of OS, middleware, databases, ESB, Integration, APIs, Web services, etc.
- Deep knowledge of migrating conventional applications/ systems to the cloud
- Deep knowledge of selecting and assessing cloud solutions that meet the requirements
- Deep knowledge of most used cloud services for common cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Knowledge of switching on-premises infrastructure to a cloud
- Knowledge of deploying IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS Cloud solutions
- Knowledge of leading security measures/ controls for cloud-based solutions
- Apply knowledge and experience to shape services to clients and present project outputs
- Build and maintain appropriate relationships at client; leverage relationships to effectively execute work
- Connect the right EY team members to key client contacts
- Maintain open and proactive communication
- Build credibility by knowing what's happening in clients' businesses and with their competitor
- Bring diverse and thought-provoking perspectives and EY points of view to explore solutions with clients
- Manage multiple viewpoints and ways to express them so that the organization benefits from different insights and ideas
- Support approach when challenged and influence senior client team members by establishing credibility related to specialized matters and technical judgment on work-in-progress
- Analyze trends/long-term plans and identify the financial implications of various business strategies
- Develop a wide and deep network across client organizations and professional bodies, developing lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders
- Deliver an exceptional client experience across all engagements: leverage the account management framework to build constructive dialogue with key stakeholders, maintain the right level relationships at clients, understand their business agenda, anticipate their needs and resolve critical client issues
- Develop account plans and coordinates delivery of a range of service offerings, building trust by mobilizing the right resources and facilitating consistent quality
- Drive opportunities to expand client services based on current offerings and client feedback, negotiate significant changes in scope of deliverables, and resolve disagreements around project outcomes
- Take the lead in forecasting budget issues and recommending appropriate responses
- Take ownership for driving professional growth and leveraging coaching, learning and new experience
- Confidently and authentically present complex messages skillfully, using a variety of media and methods that build excellent relationships based on a trust
- Demonstrate influencing skills that address the varied interests and individual style of others, recognizing people have different sources of motivation and ways to achieve success
- Create a positive team environment, balancing individual initiative with team collaboration and with EY priorities, and encourage people to speak up and express differing views
- Adopt appropriate coaching techniques to meet the various needs of team members
- Assemble the right team to achieve business goals by creating the right mix of skills and the right conditions to work together effectively
- Improve commitment and engagement of team members, while focusing on the achievement of their goals
- Provide constructive feedback tailored to each person's style and environment
- Recommend development activities tailored to each team member's needs and learning style
- Resolve competing priorities and resource allocation issues, building collaboration across organizational boundaries
Technical Skills Requirements
- At least 12 years of experience working in a client facing role for a leading consulting or professional services company in delivery of large-scale complex cloud projects for different cloud solutions
- Industry experience of commonly used cloud solutions (AWS/AZURE/Google cloud/Etc.)
- Experience in agile development methodologies like SCRUM
- Experience working on CMMI / Agile / SAFE methodologies
- Excellent Project management experience (project scheduling, resource management, budgeting, reporting, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; writing, publishing,and conference-levelpresentation skills a plus
- Completed technical higher education in the field of computer engineering, computer science, electronics, information technology, and relevant industry Certification on Public Cloud/ Private Cloud Key responsibilities
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region