JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
My client, a leading international contractor has an urgent opening for a Senior Planning Engineer with strong experience in large construction projects for a project in Riyadh.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Provides planning, progress monitoring services and have significant impact and input on the planning and organizational issues and relevant decision making of the project's Senior Management Team.
* Review contract documentation to ensure a thorough understanding of the contract requirements.
* Fully develops a detailed and fully loaded Project Schedule, (Baseline Schedule)
* Updates the overall programs. Prepares in conjunction with the Construction staff the detailed short-term working programs as necessary.
* Checks progress on the above programs by frequent site inspection, and stresses to site supervisors the need to adhere to the required sequences and durations of the scheduled activities.
* Production of daily / weekly programs showing hourly resource allocation for manpower, plant and factory production items.
* Prepares programs as required prior to the letting of sub-contracts to arrange continuity of work for the sub-contractor. and checks to ensure that their activities are kept in line with contract requirements.
* Prepares and updates labour resource programs showing the work force required for each direct trade, and for major sub-contractors.
* Prepares programs for major site operations and production facilities.
* Monitors all change orders to the contract to make certain that all additions and deletions are incorporated in revisions of the Baseline Schedule
* Advises management on delay and disruption events and the impact on the baseline schedule and supports in the production of Claims.
Education and Experience:
* Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University.
* Member of a recognized Engineering Institution is an advantage.
* Fluent in written and spoken English.
* Proficient in using Primavera P6 Construction Planning software.
* Over 10 years of documented construction experience in a variety of Major Construction Projects within a multi - discipline environment.
* Able to prepare a detailed schedule from scratch starting with project drawings and specifications including.
* WBS identification,
* Manpower loading,
* Productivity loading,
* Cost loading
* Ability to prepare cash flows and cost forecasts.
* Proficient in Progress monitoring updates, measurement and reporting and able to prepare weekly and monthly progress reports.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills.
* Good interpersonal Skills with confidence to negotiate effectively with Clients and Subcontractors.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Blake Anderson is a boutique consultancy based in the UK, with a satellite office in Dubai. Specialising in Technical and Construction Recruitment, Blake Anderson provides a superior service to clients and candidates within the construction and technical sectors.
We concentrate on placing professionals throughout the world, focusing mainly on the Middle East and Asia, drawing on both the global and local markets for highly qualified professionals. In order to attract the best talent, we invest in various high-end advertising mediums.
With a database of 1,000's of candidates, our experienced consultants have a wealth of recruitment knowledge and have a consultative approach at all times, ensuring a second to none service.