JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- To plan, co-ordinate and manage the design, procurement, construction and commissioning of large projects by directing a project manager or team of project managers/area managers.
- To ensure clear agreement of client objectives and that these are met or exceeded.
- To achieve or better the budgeted gross margin.
- To provide strong HSE leadership
The following apply as appropriate for the project scope:
1. Direct the Integration of a Large Project
- Direct the implementation of all functions of project management.
- Direct the internal company environment to meet the needs of a large project.
- Direct the project through its development stages.
2. HSE Management:
- Work with project manager(s) to ensure that HSE requirements are documented and understood by all project participants
- Compliance with HSE procedures
- Maintain HSE focus for project duration
3. Client Relationships:
- Identify, document and communicate the client requirements
- Effective management of multiple stakeholders
- Maintain and build healthy client relationships throughout the project and post completion.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues with the Client as they arise, in conjunction with the Project Manager(s).
4. Commercial Management:
- Effective management of Worley/Client contract, including delivery of the budget gross margin.
5. Scope Management:
- Effective handover from Business Development Group
- Clear definition of scope
- Compliance with requirements of the contract
- Effective change control process application
- Manage and monitor project performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action.
- Effectively manages project interfaces, in conjunction with the Project Manager(s), including the use of High Value Engineering centres.
6. Time Management:
- Direct the planning of all scope elements of the project, with the support of the Project Manager(s).
- Develop resource & financial requirements from the project plan.
- Direct the management of the design, procurement and construction activities to meet the project schedule
- Ownership of the project schedule
- Routine monitoring of the key reports and development of corrective action plans.
- Timely and effective documentation turnover and project close-out.
7. Cost Control:
- Direct the planning and preparation of accurate project estimates.
- Establish cost report for control of projects.
- Monitoring and control of all cost aspects of the project to forecast costs, obtain approvals, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns and take advantage of opportunities
- Assess performance of cost control system & personnel.
8. Quality Management:
- Define the project quality requirements.
- Ensure the right systems are in place and that these are applied on the project.
- Development of a project schedule which allows work to be executed in a logical sequence.
- Compliance with Worley policies and procedures.
- Implement lessons learned system
9. Team Management:
- Provide clear and focussed leadership for the project team to create a vision for project success and a strategy to fit that vision.
- Define roles and responsibilities, in particular the respective roles of the Project Director vis a vis the Project Manager(s).
- Focus team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Listen to the team, discuss the issues, resolve problems and direct activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations.
- Identify and implement training requirements
10. Communications Management
- Effective communications with the project team.
- Documented communication requirements.
- Accurate, timely & effective progress reporting to the Client and internally to Worley management.
- Ongoing monitoring of the communication network between project staff, the client and third parties and introduction of changes where required.
11. Risk Management:
- Identify project risks and opportunities.
- Monitor closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Maintain the risk management focus throughout the project duration.
12. Design Management:
- Ensure that clear objectives set for the design team.
- Assess the design activities and ensure a 'fit for purpose' design of the plant
- Monitor design activities, interdisciplinary data flow and communications.
13. Procurement/Subcontracts Management:
- Ensure that clear objectives set for the procurement and subcontracts team.
- Assess procurement process throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
- Ability to direct a project, with the direct supervision and coordination provided by the Project Manager(s).
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE Management in a project environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- High level of customer focus
- Previous experience as a project manager on projects in excess of US$50m total value.
Relevant degree or equivalent qualification (Chartered Engineer preferable) with a minimum of 20 years industry experience.
Minimum of 5 years experience in Middle East and with minimum 2 years of experience with the contractor.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.