JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- To plan, co-ordinate and manage the design, procurement, construction and commissioning of assigned projects, including taking a leadership role in the preparation of proposals.
- To ensure clear agreement of client objectives and that these are met or exceeded.
- To achieve or better the budgeted gross margin.
- To provide strong HSE leadership
The following apply as appropriate for the project scope:
1. HSE Management:
- Ensure that HSE requirements are documented and understood by all project participants
- Compliance with HSE procedures
- Maintain HSE focus for project duration
2. Client Relationships:
- Identify, document and communicate the client requirements
- Effective management of multiple stakeholders
- Maintain and build healthy client relationships throughout the project and post completion.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
3. Commercial Management:
- Effective management of WorleyParsons/Client contract, including delivery of the budget gross margin.
4. Scope Management:
- Effective handover from Business Development Group
- Clear definition of scope
- Compliance with requirements of the contract
- Effective ch ange control process application
- Manage and monitor project performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action.
- Effectively manages project interfaces, including use of High Value Engineering centres
5. Time Management:
- Manage the planning of all scope elements of the project.
- Develop resource & financial requirements from the project plan.
- Manage the design, procurement and construction activities to meet the project schedule
- Project Manager ownership of the project schedule
- Routine monitoring of the key reports and development of corrective action plans.
- Timely and effective documentation turnover and project close-out.
6. Cost Control:
- Plan and prepare accurate project estimates.
- Establish cost report for control of projects.
- Monitoring and control of all cost aspects of the project to forecast costs, obtain approvals, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns and take advantage of opportunities
- Assess performance of cost control system & personnel.
7. Quality Management:
- Define the project quality requirements.
- Ensure the right systems are in place and that these are applied on the project.
- Development of a project schedule which allows work to be executed in a logical sequence.
- Compliance with WorleyParsons policies and procedures.
- Implement lessons learned system
8. Team Management:
- Provide clear and focussed leadership for the project team to create a vision for project success and a strategy to fit that vision.
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Focus team on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Listen to the team, discuss the issues, resolve problems and direct activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
- Provide mentoring and participate in staff performance evaluations.
- Identify and implement training requirements
9. Communications Management
- Effective communications with the project team.
- Documented communication requirements.
- Accurate, timely & effective progress reporting to the Client and internally to WorleyParsons management.
- Ongoing monitoring of the communication network between project staff, the client and third parties and introduction of ch ange s where required.
10. Risk Management:
- Identify project risks and opportunities.
- Monitor closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Maintain the risk management focus throughout the project duration.
11. Design Management:
- Set clear objectives for the design team.
- Ensures design team aware of, and complying with, client's Basis of Design and applicable regulations and codes.
- Monitor design activities, interdisciplinary data flow and communications.
12. Procurement/Subcontracts Management:
- Set clear objectives for the procurement and subcontracts team.
- Assess procurement process throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
13. Construction Management:
- Set clear objectives for the Construction team.
- Monitor the Construction Management function to ensure safe delivery of the project within cost and schedule objectives.
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE Management in a project environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- High level of customer focus
- Proven ability in leading multidiscipline activities.
- Previous experience as a project manager on projects of up to US$50m total value.
Relevant degree or equivalent qualification (Chartered Engineer preferable) and a minimum of 15 years industry experience.
Minimum 5 years experience in Middle East and minimum 2 years experience with the contractor in the same position.
Eligible for AIPM Level 5 (Registered Project Manager) certification or equivalent.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.