JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Sr. Manager, Sales
The Sales Manager is part of the sales team responsible for developing, implementing, and achieving the annual and quarterly Technology business sales plans.
- Works closely with members of the Sales Team and PSL leadership to develop strategic growth plans for the sale of Technology licenses and associated services in the region.
- Develops and maintains close alignment with other regional sales management or sales groups from other company businesses and affiliates.
- Identifies, creates, and manages key business relationships with senior management in client organizations and with company leadership in Technology and other business units.
- Responsible for implementing and developing strategic account management programs for technology clients ensuring that these programs are fully aligned with existing programs and standards.
- Complies with the company's sales management process and systems for Technology Sales. Ensures compliance with current forecasting systems and works with sales management to determine improvements if any needed for technology related sales.
- Responsible for regional sales operations including sales forecasting, sales pipeline management, technology proposal management. Participates in the development of yearly regional strategic business development plan including regional competitor analysis and regional customer analytics to support Technology's growth initiatives.
- Works with Marketing and other functions to understand regional installed base, market dynamics and trends as well as participates in developing market engagement strategies, market and tradeshow events and other associated activities to promote customer understanding of KBR's technologies.
- Participates with all Technology Sales leadership in developing and maintaining consistencies across sales both with respect to customer interaction and with respect to internal systems, processes, and tools.
- Maintains behaviors from technology sales which aligns with overall Technology goals and objectives.
- Maintains full compliance with the company's Code of Business Conduct. Maintains a safe working environment, ensuring compliance with all governmental regulations and corporate safety guidelines.
- Proactively participates in continuous improvement efforts in the areas of risk reduction and the elimination of potential hazards.
- Participates in bid and proposal activity, proposal prioritization and metrics, opportunity screening, sales forecasting, sales management and leadership, strategic account management, and management of regional sales activities.
- This role requires an individual who is a strong facilitator and negotiator, displays integrity and an open attitude, has strong communication and social skills at senior executive levels and is flexible and innovative; must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate must be a proven sales performer with experience selling technology and/or engineering services to senior management levels.
- This individual must have proven sales experience - strong ability to influence people by building trust and credibility.
- 7 - 10 years previous sales experience in the Refining. Petrochemical, and/or Fertilizer industries.
- 5 years of relevant engineering experience, preferably in the Refining. Petrochemical, and/or Fertilizer industries.
- Experience selling Process Technology or related technical offerings where purchase decisions are made at senior management levels.
- B.S. Chemical Engineer or related technical discipline, MBA preferred
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
Willing to travel 25 - 40%
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.