JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to provide technical leadership on structural engineering throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring the highest technical standards are maintained on a Theme Park PMC project in the Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Provide technical leadership in the Structural Engineering discipline
* Coordinate, implement and manage the team structure and processes to deliver and review engineering outputs to support the schedule, budget and quality requirements
* Implement the appropriate technical management measures to assure the design, construction and commissioning activities are fully integrated.? This will be done in a manner that retains consistency throughout
* Establish and implement with the Engineering Manager an effective technical management and change control process throughout the life of the project
* Provide professional functional leadership and co-ordination for engineering within the Programme, in accordance with policies and processes set up by the Engineering function
* Manage the appropriate validation and verification of engineering activity
* Ensure successful delivery of projects by co-coordinating cross-discipline interfaces
* Maintain and develop client, interface, and contractor relationships
* Fulfill the role of a Discipline Engineer and Project Engineer/Architect
* Conduct briefings and presentations as appropriate
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A Bachelor's degree in civil and/or structural engineering
* Chartership /Professional Engineer Qualification with relevant successful experience in Theme Parks or other complex mixed-use industries/projects
* Membership of an appropriate Professional Institution
* Design experience on PMC Theme Park projects
* Design management competence
* Experience of large Programmed/projects
* Excellent communication skills & the ability to interface with internal design teams & clients alike
* Sound report writing skills
* Ability to cope rapidly with challenging situations and keen to solve them in a proactive manner
* A co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients
* Self-motivating, reliable, consistent, and mature approach to work
* Able to work independently and in teams
* Acceptance of responsibility for work carried out
* Flexible and innovative approach to work
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.