JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to be responsible for the completion of high quality design reviews and the supervision of discipline project delivery. This position will be based in Jeddah to support one of our major on-going projects in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
In a typical week, you will:
* Carryout high quality discipline designs reviews from the contractor
* Conduct required checks and reviews of own teams
* Support the project submittals of all disciplines
* Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies
* Ensure statutory and regulatory requirements are met
* Ensure that work done on site is as per design intent
* Make quality on-site decisions and solutions on design matters to expedite works on site.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A degree in Civil/Structural Engineering qualification
* 20 years or more of post graduate experience
* Membership of a professional institution or working towards professional membership
* Ba registered engineer with the local municipality, or working towards this
* Proficient at some or all of ETABS, SAFE, STAAD, Revit, and other analysis and design packages
* Proficient with some or all of US & European codes, local municipalities and building regulations for KSA
* Must have worked on similar mixed-use developments
What's in it for you?
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.