JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Initiate communication with agent / central planning office well in advance in order to obtain vessel particulars as per the DPW standing instructions.
• Coordinate with the berth planning team and provide necessary information to ensure the proper allocation to berth the vessels.
• Coordinate with Cargo control and the vessel agent to confirm accuracy of data available in the system and clear all potential exceptions.
• Ensure grounding position for the containers is reserved 4 hours before the vessel berths.
• Ensure that the yard strategy is followed by planners at all times during the planning.
• Ensure vessel particulars are updated in the system before the planner starts the vessel planning and that all the plans are completed within the set target time.
• Follow up with the Advance planners to ensure that the cut-off time has been applied and ensure that the plan is approved by the Agent and Chief Officer at least four hours before the vessel gets alongside.
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of the Advance planners.
• Ensure that the planning staff maximizes optimization opportunities in the crane plan for: Twin lift (both yard and vessel), Tandem lift, Dual Cycling etc.
• Ensure that all times, the Planning Staff follows the Standard Operating Procedures, smart planning manners etc. according to the DPW standards.
• Ensure effective communication is followed with agents/consignee's and act on the requests.
• Ensure housekeeping of containers done prior vessel arrives to avoid the delays on loading time.
• Coordinate with vessel and line agents to resolve discrepancies if any.
• Ensure to handover approved vessel plan to Dynamic planner before vessel gets alongside.
• Ensure yard inventory is verified and missing containers are identified on time.
• Propose areas for operational improvement, system automation and upgradation.
• Assist in performing periodical scheduled performance review with reporting personnel.
• Complies with the guidelines from direct manager and ensures implementation.
• Optimizing Quay and yard operation to achieve set KPI.
• Responsible for safety & discipline in work area.
• Ensure compliance with Fatal Risk Standards.
• Ensure compliance with Safe Work Practices.
• Ensure compliance with HSE policy.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Experience in container terminal operations: 4 - 6 years
• Experience in supervisory role: 3 - 4years
• Understanding of vessel characteristics/ dimensions, factors impacting vessel stability
• Work experience in container terminal operating system
• Education: Diploma/ Graduate
• Preferably Diploma/Graduate in Marine Studies
• Excellent computer operating skills
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are the leading provider of worldwide smart end-to-end supply chain logistics, enabling the flow of trade across the globe. Our comprehensive range of products and services covers every link of the integrated supply chain - from maritime and inland terminals to marine services and industrial parks as well as technology-driven customer solutions.
We deliver these services through an interconnected global network of 181 business units in 64 countries across six continents, with a significant presence both in high-growth and mature markets. Wherever we operate, we integrate sustainability and responsible corporate citizenship into our activities, striving for a positive contribution to the economies and communities where we live and work.
Our dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 56,000 employees from 140 nationalities are committed to delivering unrivalled value to our customers and partners. We do this by focusing on mutually beneficial relationships – with governments, shippers, traders, and other stakeholders along the global supply chain – relationships built on a foundation of mutual trust and enduring partnership.
We think ahead, anticipate change and deploy industry-leading digital technology to further broaden our vision to disrupt world trade and create the smartest, most efficient and innovative solutions, while ensuring a positive and sustainable impact on economies, societies and our planet.