JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
The Senior Services Account Executive has high influence on the development and growth of new Services business and develops and maintains effective relationships with senior executives in assigned account(s). They are accountable to ensure business growth through business development activities and ensure they are delivered in accordance with the organizational strategy. This role represents the SAP Services organization from a sales and business development perspective and is a key contributor to the overall success of the customer and partner relationships. This is a sales role and is expected to generate qualified opportunities and close them based on holistic understanding of customer challenges, establishing and developing the SAP Services footprint within their assigned accounts(s).
Account and Stakeholder Management
- Builds a foundation within assigned account(s) on which to harvest future Services business opportunities
- Actively understand each of their assigned key customer's technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy and competitive landscape
- Single Point of Contact for the customer representing the SAP Services organization for assigned account(s) to establish and develop SAP footprint
- Develop and deliver best-practice comprehensive Services account plans to address customer and prospects priorities and pain points. Utilize SAP Intelligent tools and standards to support the customer's decision process.
- Direct contributor to overall long-term success of customer and partner relationships within the account
- Orchestrates resources: deploy appropriate teams to execute winning sales
- Accountable for booking and revenue Services targets for assigned account(s)
- Generation and management of opportunities and bids, deal closure through formal sales cycle
- Shapes deals that are compliant, aligned to agreed governance process, controls and targets
- Advance and close sales opportunities - through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
- Sells the complete Services portfolio aligned to customer needs (according to defined Sales bag)
- Maintain internal systems with accurate customer and pipeline information
Service Delivery Management
- Accountable for sales hand-over to delivery, ensuring contracts are in place and team can successfully mobilize per contract obligations
- Accountable for all Services Commercial aspects in assigned account, supporting Delivery Teams engaged in delivering against existing contracts
Collaborative Working Environment
- Acts as a key team member within the extended Sales Account Executive teams
- Is self-aware - understands their own strengths and weaknesses, looks to leverage strengths and work on weaknesses
- Treats customers and colleagues with respect, fairness and consideration
- Strong collaboration with the SAP ecosystem and technology partners
- Demonstrated success with medium to large transactions and lengthy sales campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and highly competitive market specially in the domain of IT application services sales
- Experience in managing customers and partners
- 10+ years direct quota carrying selling experience in the enterprise software and services industry. Ideally, a combination of both direct enterprise software sales and direct services sales.
- 10+ years' experience in sales activities including generation and management of opportunities and bids, deal closure and client relationship management
- Demonstrable track record of value selling and solution selling experience
- Proven track record in business application software and/or services sales within large, key accounts
- Intimate knowledge of enterprise software projects (e.g. Cloud, hybrid, XO) and the overall lifecycle management of enterprise applications
- A successful track record of driving opportunity development (including growth and qualification of pipeline in conjunction with assigned Account Executives) and accurate forecasting of the renewal and network growth opportunities
- deep industry/domain expertise
Partner Ecosystem Expertise
- Knowledge of SAPs Partners, Competitors and the regional IT Industry
- Effective collaboration & management of the SAP partner ecosystem as relative to the assigned account(s) (incl. joint deals/business development)
- Experience with large Multinational Customers
- Experience working in other countries and regions is desirable
- Bachelor or Master's Degree (MBA would be advantageous)
Professional Training and Certification
- High level of recognized sales training including in advanced negotiation skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic National Language
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy . Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.