JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a experienced Site Architect (KSA National) whom will be responsible in ensuring that the Contractor's compliance with the Employer's requirements (contract documents, drawings, specifications, standards, local authorities' requirements) with regards to the Port buildings and architectural expansion and upgrading works.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Reviewing project documents that includes, methodology, quality assurance, control procedures, engineering and construction time schedule.
* Reviewing and providing necessary comments on Contractor's technical submittals such as design, specifications, drawings, calculations, method statements, TPIs, risk assessments ... etc. for compliance with Employer's Requirements, Authority Requirements, End-User Requirements, Local and International Standards
* Overseeing/inspecting site construction work in daily basis, witness tests, identify non-compliance to construction documentation, and recommend corrective measures.
* Coordinating on a daily basis with the Team Leader and other team members to verify, document and report the quality issues of work performed by the Contractor and provide/suggest corrective actions.
* Processing (review and comment) the incoming correspondence.
* Monitoring progress, record, and identify risks and potential delays and provide/suggest solutions.
* Preparing weekly and monthly progress reports (in English) with details of the observed works, quality, progress (fabrication and construction), testing of components, status of materials procurement/delivered to site.
* Ensuring high quality of works during the service, strict compliance with the Employer's Requirements, Projects Specifications and HSE Requirements
* Assessment of the Contractor's compliance to the quality management system as specified in the latest applicable standards. Any non-conformity found shall also be reported.
* Evaluating Contractor's personnel, equipment, materials, and subcontractors
* Participating in project construction meetings if required.
* Assisting in resolution of construction problems.
* Analyzing value engineering proposals.
* Coordinating with other team members.
* Coordinating and liaising with Port operator(s) and stakeholders.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BEng /BSc (Hons) in Civil Engineering/Architecture from accredited university.
* Member of/working towards associated Professional body membership will be preferred.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.