JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
SNC-Lavalin has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
The storekeeper is responsible for the maintenance of a department's/organization's storeroom, performing activities such as stocking of operational materials and supplies, inventory control and records, purchasing, and related duties as required.
The primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the storekeeper job description are listed below:
- Take delivery of all incoming materials and reconcile with purchase orders
- Track, document, and resolve any discrepancies on received orders
- Ensure accuracy of the facility's inventory system by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments, and returns
- Manage inventory/supplies and ensure they are within the established minimum and maximum levels
- Keep up-to-date records of receipts, records, and withdrawals from the stockroom
- Responsible for packing, pricing, labeling, and returning supplies
- Responsible for stock rotation and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Oversee the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and minor repairs
- Manage supplier relations and database as well as maintain high ethical relationships both internally and externally
- Create purchase orders and utilize purchasing card to perform low-value procurement activities
- Responsible for shipping cancelled or damaged items back to suppliers as appropriate.
- Saudi national
- Male or female
- 2-3 years' experience
- Based in Makkah
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).