JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Wood is currently recruiting for a TPE IV / Senior Civil Engineer working in Al Khobar office, Saudi Arabia.
- Contributes to technical delivery of engineering excellence through executing assigned scopes of work in a specific engineering discipline
- Assists in the development of engineering deliverables including philosophies, reports, specifications, calculations, data sheets, and technical requisitions
- Performs limited assignments of specific engineering tasks, such as contributing to a minor phase of a larger project
- Emphasis is on documentation, monitoring, and carrying out basic calculations
- Applies academic knowledge to job responsibilities under close supervision of a more experienced technical professional, performing routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge of basic engineering standards using prescribed standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Performs routine aspects of engineering assignments and collaborates with experienced technical professionals for non-routine aspects of engineering assignments
- Solves problems of a routine nature within clearly defined procedures and with ready access to support and guidance
- Managing and planning the design stages of civil engineering projects
- Perform project Site visits and data collection that could later on be used as design reference
- Performing due diligence and FEED verification at the start of project to carefully assess on the impact of any change and feasibility of optimization
- Overseeing all project stages from preliminary layouts to final engineering designs
- Surveying new construction sites and assessing existing structures for upgrades
- Designing and recommending improvements to computer-aided design (CAD) software drawings and schematics
- Performing material take-off and identification of design deliverables with the respective manhours.
- Preparing work schedules and allocating resources, as well as supervising junior engineers and designers assigned to the project
- Ensuring that civil engineering projects are completed on time and within the budgeted man-hours.
- Review of the design package for completeness, correctness and compliance with industry codes, specifications, and safety standards
- Documenting processes and presenting project progress updates to line managers, project managers and clients
- Bachelors in civil engineering or equivalent
- Degree qualified incumbents will typically have 10+ Years experience and above.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and prepare applicable technical information and suggest design changes to ensure functional and cost-effective result.
- Civil 3D modelling experience
- Experience in civil infrastructure, site planning and linear alignment design
- Strong design software skills including demonstrated experience with Civil 3D and AutoCAD , Revit, InRoads, Microstation , OpenRoads, ProjectWise and Microsoft Office . (others can be optional)
- Work experience in completing design assignments for linear infrastructure projects in the field of Oil & Gas including site grading, drainage, trenching, earthworks and utilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of inter-discipline requirements
- Problem solving attitude
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to work in a team-environment
- Willing to mentor junior staff
- Knowledge and application of industry (SAES) or regulatory (Local and or International) standards, regulations, and codes pertinent to the design and systems related to the project and good safety awareness
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.