JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Consolidated Engineering Company - Khatib & Alami is seeking to hire a Saudi National Traffic Data Collection Technician to work as part of the traffic data collection team in Riyadh. In this role, the successful candidate will complete tasks related to the counting of vehicles on roads and highways, which includes:
- Installation of traffic counting equipment on roads and highways
- Laying out traffic counting tubes
- Downloading and processing data in the office using traffic counting software
- Observing and counting vehicles
The job requires the use of hammers, nails, tape and chains to install the counters along roadways, and also requires programming the electronic traffic counters using laptop computers. Start and finish times vary but typically working outside business hours is required, especially during the times of the day when traffic volumes are not too heavy (late nights and early morning).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma / College degree preferred
- General knowledge of computers and use of USB connectors
- Technical orientation
- Physical ability to walk on/near highways, lift heavy equipment and drive for extended periods of time.
- Follow safety procedures on site
- Candidate must be willing to travel outside Riyadh (within KSA)
- Previous experience in traffic counting is preferred
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).