JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Reporting to: General Manager
AP and AR
• Identify all financial transactions and ensure correctly and precise daily records.
• Manage accounts payable including monitoring purchase orders, entering vendors bills, performing three-way matching, handling vendor payments, and handling vendors returns and credits.
• Manage accounts receivable including monitoring sales orders, issuing customers invoices, following up collections, and handling customers returns and credits/refunds.
• Reconcile statements with vendors and customers.
• Scanning and archiving documents.
Inventory and Assets
• Handle basic inventory accounting including determining cost of goods, comparing perpetual versus periodical, and dealing with adjustment and errors.
• Keep and update the Assets Register for the incurrent assets.
Bank and Cheques
• Handle online banking platform to manage beneficiaries, payment requests, and
• Process regular bank reconciliation.
• Print cheques for signature.
• Keep records of issued cheques and monitor fund requirements.
• Secure security cheques from customers.
• Secure petty cash fund
• Record reimbursements, issue petty cash payment vouchers and IOU receipts.
• Replenish fund, monitor spending, and reconcile regularly.
• Prepare payroll on monthly basis and performing salaries payment.
• Maintain financial record related to HR.
• Prepare Employment/Salary Certificate and other similar letters or documents.
• Issue financial statements and reports on periodical basis manually or from the system.
• Prepare for quarterly VAT reporting and submission
• Assist in preparing budgets and financial plans
• Assist in preparing reports for internal and external audits
Working with Others
• Assist Senior Accountant in the preparation of financial statements.
• Perform various financial duties as instructed by management.
• Collaborate with other team members in positive approach.
• Collaborate with internal and external auditors.
• Perform ad-hoc requirements with satisfactory outcomes.
Accounting Software: the candidate will be using
• NetSuite (from Oracle)
Objectives: Previous Experience: the candidate should have
• Minimum of four years in similar roles and responsibilities; preferably in business related to food services (HORECA).
• Strong accounting knowledge including, recording journal entries, posting to GL, making adjustments, preparing TB, preparing financial statements, closing entries, handling accounts receivable/payable, maintaining cash flows, managing petty cash, and assisting in preparing financial reports.
• Skills to work independently with limited supervision from Senior Accountant.
• Permeant position
• Health Insurance, 30 days annual leave and allowance for air ticket (every two years)
Gross monthly base salary:
• AED 4000 - 6000
• 48 hours/week from Sun-Thu (Sat half day as required)
• 6 months
Desired start date:
• Immediate or within a month
• Accounting Software: the candidate will be using NetSuite (from Oracle) and QuickBooks.
• The candidate should be advanced user in Excel, and with strong experience in other MS Office software including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
• Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
• Good personality and interpersonal skills.
• Organized, perfectionists and precise
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related
Other certifications obtained:
• CPA preferred, Satisfactory knowledge of IFRS.
Nature and length of previous experience:
• Five years in similar roles and responsibilities; preferably in business related to food services (HORECA).
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are a passionate food distributor and wholesaler based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. At Azkana we specialize in European style baked goods, and offer a fine arrangement of desserts, artisanal breads, and a comprehensive line of breakfast pastries, and fresh baked goods. For your convenience, we also offer a number of frozen or unbaked products and more. We cater to Hotels, Food Services, Specialty Cafés, B2B, as well as special events across the United Arab Emirates.