JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
• Perform all finance activities in accordance with best practice, sound financial principles, company policies, company procedures, legal and contractual compliance at all times.
• Ensure the correct implementation of all relevant company policies and procedures
• Follow the Lean for Value approach and aim for continuous improvements
• Check and review all the works performed by the Accounts assistant.
• Ensure that all the client and supplier invoices are accounted within the time frame.
• Ensure that all the receivables are collected within the credit dates.
• Ensure all payables are settled on time.
• Maintain control measures to ensure that the payment made are accurate and logical Perform inventory reconciliation with Infor and report discrepancies (If any).
• Prepare month end schedule and book JV’s in Navision.
• Initiate and oversee inventory counts on both plants (spare parts and consumables)
• Perform all VAT related procedures and actions, prepare and provide related reports and reconciliations as required and in accordance with the law.
• Perform Bank reconciliation on a monthly basis
• Execute/supervise all petty cash management aspects accurately and diligently.
• Ensure proper booking and payment of related party invoices.
• Initiate, coordinate and monitor audit processes as and when required.
• Keep proper records of Fixed Assets
• Liaise with procurement officer for the smooth running of day to day activities.
• Assist the supply chain officer with procurement activities during the absence of procurement officer.
• All payroll related activities like Salary preparation, overtime entries, reimbursement and deductions.
• Knowledge of Accounting standards
• Knowledge of Finance ERP – Navision, JD Edwards
• Advanced proficiency in Google suite, MS Office and related apps.
• Ability to Handle Accounts receivables
• Degree: Bachelor in Accounting or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience in a similar role in an industrial business environment
• Accounts Receivables: 3 years (Preferred)
• Industrial Business Environment: 3 years (Required)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.