JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
When you work with us, you will build a great career through accounting and have exposure to tax, audit, and financial advisory. Your accounting training and experience will include using your technical accounting knowledge in line with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The successful candidate must be driven to succeed, available for frequent local and international travel, undertake various assignments including compliance and consultancy services, and to a certain limit IFRS and financial statements audits and procedures in an efficient and professional manner. The candidate must be meticulous and analytical. The role will also involve client-facing.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced big 4 firm partner team. The team are driven to succeed and strive to provide real value to our clients.
• Process and post daily and regular accounting transactions, JEs, PVs, adjustments, etc.
• Perform monthly and regular reconciliations, bank, debtors, payables, etc.
• Produce reliable and timely financial reporting, including financial statements, ARs and APs ageing reports, tax and VAT reporting, etc.
• Plan and oversee regular reviews, including compliance and auditing process
• Perform effective risk and control assessments
• Complete audits on time and submit reports to auditing manager
• Updated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
• Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Attention to detail
• Organizational and leadership abilities
• Integrity and reliability
• Maintaining financials and clients confidentiality
• Manage and facilitate routine VAT seminars to clients and potential clients.
• Prepare technical VAT documents and communications for clients.
• Frequent travel to client sites for VAT work/meetings.
• Working with finance and commercial teams to support billing arrangements.
• Provide internal and external training to develop the team and clients.
• Provide VAT consultancy services to clients such as Outputs and Inputs Tax reviews and compliance
• Contract reviews; any ad-hoc work required by clients to meet their VAT statutory obligations.
• Related fields experience
• Talented fresh graduates welcome to apply
• Good communication, coaching and presentation skills
• Excellent IT skills – in particular, the use of Microsoft Office applications
• Related fields experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration, VAT Diploma is a plus
• Professional certification in taxation and accounting is a plus.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
XB4 was formed in Pennsylvania in 2003, in the wake of the Enron-Andersen collapse, when serious quality and confidence challenges were facing the accounting world, and in particular the Big Four. Founded by a CPA with years of experience working in and out of the Big Four Accounting firms, XB4’s earliest goal was to deliver assurance, tax and financial advisory services that combined integrity and transparency with highly individualized professional care. In other words, bigger is not necessarily better.
All our clients are important. All their concerns are significant, and all our clients can expect that with XB4 they will receive services that will add value to their organizations or businesses. At XB4, our goal is to serve and protect the interest of our profession, therefore, we are here to deliver more than just a name.
We pride ourselves on a team that comprises of former Big Four Partners and staff. They bring with them decades of experience across a range of industries and organizations, in the public and private sectors, both profit and non-profit entities. Our approach combines a number of key ingredients that makes XB4 unique from other firms:
- thorough understanding of the applicable Standards and regulations;
- strong competency in local and international best industry practices;
- use and rely on the latest and best technology;
- individualized research;
- accessibility to our clients and communities; and
- trusted, honest, reliable, and timely service.
At XB4, we believe ethics are real values, and not just another box on a check-list. If you share our values, please join us!