JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As an Assistant Accountant, you will work with the accounting of one or more legal entities, being responsible for a number of tasks such as:
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Internal reporting, including monthly, quarterly and year end closings
- Support the business units in different markets
To accomplish your tasks, you will work closely with other functional areas and other EF companies around the world. The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience, and from the start you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor in quarterly and annual closing procedures.
You will have the opportunity to work on individual and team projects such as process improvement. The position provides excellent opportunities to gain experience in many different areas of the accounting department and substantial international experience.
- A degree in Finance/Business Administration or a similar degree
- Ideally 1-2 years of work experience in the accounting/finance area
- Ability to work to deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Team player in an environment of young professionals
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Analytical approach to problem solving and attention to detail
- Driven, independent, open-minded and flexible
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
ABOUT THE COMPANY
EF provides life-changing education for global citizens. For over 50 years, our mission has been to give confidence and freedom to people of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds.
With the desire to define your own path in life, and a little courage, EF opens up a world of possibilities.