JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
• Oversee the personal finances of the family, including record keeping, budgeting, cash flow management, and financial planning.
• Manage personal assets, manage service providers, monitor performance, provide regular reports and recommendations to the family.
• Maintain accurate records of assets, liabilities, income, and expenses using modern accounting and financial software.
• Conduct periodic financial analysis and generate management reports and present to the family member.
• Collaborate with external advisors, such as tax professionals, investment managers, property managers, foreign accountants and financial planners, to optimize financial strategies.
• Manage personal financial relationships including private banking relationships, personal holding companies and associated service agents
• Ensure appropriate provisions are maintained in line with family requests and needs Taxation
• Ensure compliance with tax regulations and handle tax planning for the family independently or with the support of external advisors
• Stay up-to-date with tax laws and regulations, advising the family on potential tax implications of financial decisions.
Reporting and Analysis:
• Prepare regular financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
• Conduct financial analysis to identify trends, risks, and opportunities.
• Provide accurate and timely financial information to support decision-making.
• Internal and External Stakeholder Engagement:
• Collaboration, Admin & Team Support
• Collaborate with the wider team, including legal counsel, investment advisors, and other professionals, to ensure effective coordination of financial matters.
• Liaise with external stakeholders, such as banks, auditors, service agents and regulatory bodies, as necessary.
• Provide financial expertise and guidance to the wider team on various financial matters.
• Assist in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures.
• Assist the team in managing office affairs (admin, accounting, and finance related matters)
• Support the family office with ad hoc financial projects and initiatives.
AED 12,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA, CA, CMA or equivalent certification preferred.
• Proven experience as an Accountant or Finance Manager with minimum 5 years of experience, preferably within similar environment.
• In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, financial management, and taxation.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex financial data, produce timely and relevant reports
• Proficiency in financial software and tools, such as Excel, QuickBooks, XERO, or similar systems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
• High level of integrity and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
• Fully proficiency in Arabic and English.
• Resourceful and reliable in obtaining critical information or reaching desired service providers
• Ability to navigate unknowns and deal with ambiguity comfortably.
• Affinity to operational excellence and the pursuit of optimizing work processes an outcomes.
• Eager to source and adopt new modern technology in work processes.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Carter Knight we simplify and elevate the recruitment process by ensuring we connect clients with the highest quality candidates at speed.
We develop long-term partnerships with our candidates and clients by offering a dynamic personalised service.
Our network of global industry practitioners pre-screen prospective applicants to ensure clients can focus on those who will add the most value to their teams.