JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Administrative Assistant - Law Firm - Dubai
• Business travel planning: take the necessary travel information (destination, departure/return dates and time), book flights and hotels in accordance with the company policies and finalizing any travel procedure (e.g., work visa).
• Payments requisitions: process and forward requests for payments or office supplies requisition payments to the accounting team.
• Billing: keep track of lawyers’ billable time and prepare invoices accordingly. Ensure timesheets are completed according to the firm’s policy.
• Filling and recordkeeping: create and maintain a filing system, perform data entry tasks, update existing records, maintain company archives, and retrieve information from the filing system when requested.
• Tracking and reporting lawyers’ billed time: ensure that meetings between lawyers and clients are taking place in a timely manner and reporting the specifics of the meetings (e.g., client name, number of clients, time, etc.)
• Meetings: schedule and attend meetings, record meeting minutes and circulate the minutes to attendees.
• Circulation: circulate emails, meeting agenda, announcements, memos, etc.
• Writing official documents: prepare, edit, translate, summarize, and proofread official documents, including correspondence, reports, drafts, and emails.
• Miscellaneous: welcome clients, answer, and direct incoming calls, taking detailed notes or messages when necessary.
• CRM: ensure the practice clients and targets details are updated on Nexl and are kept up-to-date.
• Proposals and presentations: Provide ad-hoc editing and development support for practice proposals and presentations, where required.
• Prepare the CDD forms and save them to DMS under the client admin file as soon as a new client file is established.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that lawyers and employees in all practice areas are receiving comprehensive administrative support to operate smoothly daily.
AED 8,000 to 12,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• 2-4 years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s/diploma in Business Administration or equivalent.
• Fluent in English/ Arabic
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Ability to work cooperatively with a culturally diverse work force.
• Ability to interact well with the public (i.e., vendors, customers, etc.).
• Ability to always act professionally but especially under pressure.
• Knowledge of the firm’s business and industry.
• Tech savvy.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Executive search involves working with a third party, such as JEX Personnel.
Executive search is relationship driven. JEX Personnel will work closely with you to understand the requirements of the role. It is a research-led approach, meaning a search firm will be paid a retainer fee upfront to carry out analyse the marketplace and benchmark for skills/roles and salaries.
A search firm will tend to have extensive knowledge of and access to board directors and senior executives across industries and functions, allowing them to build a large pool of top executive talent