JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Complete service and maintenance operations such as oil change, tyre services (replacement, balancing, puncture repair), brake replacement, servicing, basic diagnostics and air conditioning re-gas, on all makes and models of car and light commercial (LCV) as per company/manufacturer standards. Role is responsible for contributing to the business's revenue and customer satisfaction.
What you will do:
- Conduct repairs and maintenance on all passenger car and light commercial vehicles
- Complete and maintain check sheets and vehicle write ups on the repair order
- Report additional work required on vehicles after completing an EVHC
- Provide Estimations of repairs & services to customer
- Use a range of technology to complete basic diagnostic checks and electronic inspections
Tools, Equipment and Work Vehicle
- Upkeep tools and equipment in the individual company vehicle as per company standards
- Proper handling of special tools.
- Housekeeping to be maintained at place of work / area of operation
- Usage of special service tools including Intelligent Testers and Scan tools
- Manage parts inventory on vehicle and returns of unused parts
- Manage personal and working environment Health and safety - ensuring safe working practices maintained
- Environmental control of dangerous substances such as oil and brake fluid
Fix it Right First Time
- Ensure zero repeat repairs
- Proper diagnosis and trouble shooting
- Conduct final inspection and quality testing of vehicles
- Achieve high level of customer satisfaction and advocacy
Productivity and Efficiency
- Deliver the desired efficiency and productivity as per targets given.
- Manage time on job to ensure the days scheduled work will be completed
- Time management and punctuality at each job
Required skills to be successful:
- Trade Certificate / Diploma in Mechanical / Automobile Eng.
- Must show proven technical expertise in independent servicing, repairs, and component replacement
- Basic diagnostic skills with mechanical and electronic faults
- Multi-brand automotive service center, experience in the automotive industry is a must
About the team:
The role will report to the Service Supervisor and you will be working in a busy workshop environment. You will play a crucial role in identifying basic diagnosis issues and resolve issues as per dealer/manufacturer standards.
What equips you for the role:
- At least 5 years of experience on car and light commercial vehicles (LCV)
- UAE clean Driving License is preferable
- Expert understanding of all core vehicle systems
- The ability to explain complex faults to customers if required
- Good English communication skills (verbal & written), Arabic and other languages is a plus
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world's most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.