JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
To manage the turnaround of Etihad flights in co-ordination with various stakeholders, government departments and service providers.
- Being aware of aircraft details, schedule, expected guest loads, baggage and cargo loads.
- Brief all stakeholders involved in the flight arrival and departure (gate staff, crew, ramp staff etc).
- Manage the flight departure process, by leading EY and 3rd party agent teams with a positive can do' attitude that inspires those around them whilst pre-empting and reacting to any anticipated issues or delays and subsequently cascading information to all staff so that guests and operational departments are kept informed of any changes.
- Accountable for operational and last minute changes that affect the turnaround, such as the offloading of cargo, guests and/or their baggage to ensure that the Etihad flight load planning in order that the Loading Instruction Report (LIR) and final Loadsheet are 100% accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- effective tactical decision making.
- Allocate delay codes and timings for any off schedule departures in collaboration with schedule failures so that accurate trends can be assessed for future service level improvements.
- Report turnaround events post departure in a professional and thorough manner, reaching balanced conclusions on accountability for delays and lapses in operational performance.
- Accountable for load planning various a/c types in accordance with current company (and other airlines) weight and balance rules and guidelines; from flight creation and estimating zero fuel weights, to the production of the final Loadsheet and other necessary a/c documentation.
- Responsible and accountable for identifying safety risks on and around the aircraft in accordance with the company risk assessment process, and ensuring that adequate risk.
Education & Experience
- Educated to secondary school level (High School) or other Diplomas completed
- At least 3 years experience in aircraft dispatch or;
- Previous experience in Load Control, as a Ramp Agent, or Airline Operations role
- Part of the Disruption Support Group (DSG) / Shadowing a turnaround supervisor within the live operation is desirable.
- TRAINING and KNOWLEDGE
- Strong focus on safety.
- Comprehensive knowledge in ground operations.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Training in Dangerous Goods, aircraft weight and balance, ramp and passenger handling.
- Computer literate and fluent in English language.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Qualifications in leadership / coaching skills would be advantageous.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world's leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad's codeshare partners, Etihad's network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world's leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com
COVID-19 UPDATE: The health and safety of our communities-including our employees and our candidates remains our top priority. From a recruiting perspective we are continuing to identify people for roles with Etihad in anticipation we will be able to hire, however the process may take longer because we are using more virtual recruiting techniques, and start dates may be delayed because of guidance from the governments in the countries we operate in. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, Stay safe and healthy.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inExecutive Assistant Jobs in Abu Dhabi
Legal Secretary Jobs in Abu Dhabi
Office Manager Jobs in Abu Dhabi