JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Contractor - API Integration Software Engineer
Location: Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
ManpowerGroup Contractor – 12 months Renewable
This role is for a Digital Solutions API Integration Engineer within our Client Service team. As a key subject matter expert and team member, the successful candidate will provide direct API integration support for the onboarding and ongoing success of our clients that connect with us through the Clients Developer Platform (VDP), work with a diverse set of Clients issuers, merchants, and mobile ecosystem partners to deliver API-based products into the CEMEA marketplace. The candidate will be expected to leverage his/her deep understanding of REST APIs (and related technologies) and technical experience to work with clients and internal resources to support and bring products to market quickly and with minimal friction. Working collaboratively with various stakeholders, he/she will lead troubleshooting events with the clients and proactively resolve issues. The successful candidate will develop and recommend scalable processes, communication tools and overall guidance to regional heads/leads to achieve the product and platform goals. This position would be ideal for a candidate with an API backend engineering or integration support background looking to build upon that experience in a payment’s technology company.
• Provision of first level remote and/or in-person (at client locations) technical integration support, onboarding of clients implementing APIs on the Clients Developer Platform, advising clients (issuers, acquirers, merchants, fintech, etc.) on their integration options in line with the project scope and being the technical resource to understand their solution architecture in its entirety.
• Ensure client integration is optimal by performing API functional tests and validations to ensure data accuracy and performance.
• Hold technical briefing sessions on the API product(s) being implemented and review the client’s technical solution architecture based on their project scope.
• Actively engage with various teams and functions in Product, Technology and Client Services to ensure smooth client onboarding/implementation and troubleshoot post go-live support issues where required.
• Be a subject matter expert in Product configurations, with deep understanding of integration requirements of respective APIs and the product use case.
• Play a consultative role during pre-project engagements with key clients to understand the scope of their solution, and partner with the Products team to define solutions where applicable
• Recommend enhancements to product capabilities, product documentation and integration process reviews.
• Collaborate with stakeholders in Product, Technology, Client Services and related functions to analyze requirements of new API-based products, services or initiatives (including enhancements to existing ones) and formulate technical implementation and support solutions. This also includes their successful deployment, testing and pilot execution of the new product or enhancement to ensure business goals are achieved in a cost effective and timely manner, meeting client's needs and high level of satisfaction.
AED 25,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• 5 or more years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree (e.g., Masters) in Computer Science or similar field
• 6 or more years work experience in software engineering and integration covering web and mobile payment platforms
• You have a strong understanding of RESTful based APIs and proven experience working with APIs, SDKs and web services. Knowledge of payment schemes, transactions flow and ISO 8583 financial transaction message is highly recommended.
• You have proven experience in troubleshooting APIs failures, network connectivity issues using any logging or monitoring tools, use of API testing tools such as Postman/SOAP and API test scripts that demonstrates the functionality of integrating APIs to stakeholders’ application or system.
• Knowledge of cryptography concepts such as encryption, signing, hashing and cryptography algorithms.
• You have experience creating and reviewing technical solution design documents, use case diagrams related to API and SDK integrations.
• You have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines. Ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear and articulate fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
• You have project management skills with the ability to plan, organize tasks and track project progress. Requires cross functional and global collaboration skills with the ability to manage complex and varied workload required to support multiple concurrent implementations, and multiple activities with both internal and external stakeholders.
• You are a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• You have strong technical aptitude, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Experience integrating products on the Clients Developer Platform would be an added advantage.
• Familiarity with Android/iOS development would be an added advantage.
• Fluency in Arabic language would be an added advantage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions