JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As the Regional HR Manager you will have oversight of the MENA & APAC remit and report directly in to the HRD. Your core responsibility's will be the oversight of these regions strategically with 5 direct reporting lines.
The client is a global business with in the Oil & Gas space who are in a phase of significant growth, this role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HARM to join a business with large career growth plans.
The Key Responsibilities of the role will include:
• Regional oversight of the MENA & APAC region and working closely with the board on strategic planning, organisational design and all elements of the HR process
• Assistance in the set up of a new HQ
• Managing a HR Team of 4-5 direct reports and assisting in day to day operations, policy's and procedure's and local labour law
• Manage different time-zones across core responsibilities
• Address key HR issues and avoid potentially costly events that might interfere with company goals
• Manages dismissals in close collaboration with Corporate Legal department and outside council.
• Creates professional development plans for all direct reports
• Ensures compliance and implementation of key corporate HR processes:
• Objective setting and performance management
• Talent planning
• Recruitment actions
A Competitive salary offering + benefits and a chance to grow a long career in a global business
The Successful candidate will have/be
• Arabic speaking is essential
• Previous experience in a regional oversight position, managing African countries would be a plus
• 8-10 years’ experience in a HR Manager position
• Degree educated
• An expert in local labour laws
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.