JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Architectural Inspector,, who has consultancy experience in the UAE . This is an exciting opportunity to work on an iconic project.
Your new role, what's involved?
What do I do
• Understand contract documents, detailed drawings, specifications, contractor's shop drawings, RFI responses, together with any associated updates.
• Ensure that the Contractor is complying with the standards and specifications of the contract through observation, measurements, testing as well as tracking quality assurance progress.
• Undertake all site supervision and inspections work when required or instructed by the Resident Engineer.
• Report on materials delivery and implement all quality control and quality procedures of the site.
• Follow up and implement any site instructions made through the contract.
• Prepare any site measurements and surveying checks needed.
• Monitor conformance to quality, performance, and code requirements by performing inspection duties.
• Report quality non-conformances and assist in closing out of the same
• Monitor Health and Safety of the construction works and report on violations.
• Provide daily direction to site inspectors
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Architectural diploma holder with over 10 years site supervision experience in the UAE on large scale and complex projects.
• Verbal and written English skills are of a high quality standard
• Team player with excellent analytical, numerate and problem solving skills.
• Good knowledge of various forms of contract, document Control procedures and building methods and regulations.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.