JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Assistant Concierge Manager
As an Assistant Concierge Manager with us, your role is to execute the Service Promise to our Guests through the proper training provided and the Brands' Service Essentials. In order to deliver on this promise, it all starts with the right attitude and a smile. Your role is to make what seems to be impossible and unusual happen!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Overlook the daily operations of the whole Concierge department.
- Coach, lead, guide and direct the efforts of the team of Concierge Agents.
- Approve and adjust schedules as required based on business volume forecasts.
- Provide feedback, seizes training and coaching opportunities with Colleagues.
- Support training initiatives and provides a training role as required.
- Ensure everyone in the team is knowledgeable about hotel facilities, updated on activities, promotions and happenings in the hotel/city and be able to provide accurate information to guests.
- Act as an ambassador of the hotel and provide assistance to variety of requests. Expected to make what seem to be impossible and unusual happen.
- Maintain a network of service providers for the efficient conduct in coordinating guest requirements.
- Ensure availability of printed materials such as brochures of local attractions, sister hotels, restaurants, city maps, etc. which may be handed over to guests.
- Manage the facilitation of guest request relating to dining activities (both inside and outside of hotel), shows, recreation, tours, transport, florists, doctor, dentist, child care and any other services which are not available at the hotel.
- Respond to queries positively.
- Follow through all endorsements at the concierge and ensure completion.
- Ensure that all luggage, messages, parcels, etc. are handled, delivered, retrieved or stored efficiently.
- Be transparent and responsible on matters involving finances.
- Maintain absolute integrity and trustworthiness in the team.
- Adhere to the established financial guidelines and control all costs.
- Manage the daily documentation/recording of bills particularly filing of receipts.
- Manage all activities relating to Concierge and ensure that all transactions are performed in the best interest of the company.
- Monitor responsible use of all available systems and equipment in the hotel.
- Promotes and follows a safe work environment.
- Promotes and leads a service driven, results driven work environment.
- Follows departmental SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) including all safety policies
- Promote all hotel services, offers and facilities and their operating hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for guest service
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Fluency in English, secondary language preferred.
- Member of Les Cles D'Or is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year previous proven Supervisory position or equivalent in a customer service industry.
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests.
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Micros-Fidelio Property Management System an asset.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inAssistant Jobs in Abu Dhabi
Assistant Jobs in Sharjah
Assistant Jobs in Ajman