JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont the Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Assistant Director of Food and Beverage
In order for this position to function effectively, the ADFB will maintain a consistent presence on the floor and will have a sharp eye for details. He/she will acts as the transmission between the service team and the executive team. He/she will ensure that the strategy and vision set for the department is followed and he/she will ensure that superior service is always delivered.
Summary of Daily Tasks & Responsibilities
- With a strong emphasis on operational supervision the Assistant DFB monitors the operations and assists in running the day-to-day activities of the outlets and banquets.
- To ensure that the monthly forecasted food and beverage revenue figures are achieved.
- To ensure that the outlets and banqueting operation are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct operating standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manual.
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To liaise with the Kitchen department on daily operation and quality.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests to gain feedback on our product and operation quality.
- To maintain market awareness on consumers expectations and market needs and trends in the city
- To suggest new products and services in order to anticipate guests needs
- To attend all Food and Beverage Meeting and Daily Operations Meeting and to run daily operational meetings during the absence of the DFB.
- To promote communication within the team and to ensure that the F&B Director is always kept informed.
- To monitor and validate the outlets' weekly roster and work schedules.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and nametag at all times.
- To strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and that all costs are controlled.
- To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies, to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To ensure that F&B operation is complying with Focus requirements.
- To ensure that outlets are kept in good and hygienic condition.
- To represent the Director of Food and Beverage during his absence.
- To conduct employee performance appraisals as required. Identify and develop young talents within the organization for future potential growth into the service or within the group.
- To ensure that no changes are made to previously agreed practices without the prior approval of the F&B Director.
- Bachelor degree in Hotel Management
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Luxury Hotel
- Aware of local market / competition
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Arabic speaking preferred
- Motivator and self-starter
- Displays initiative
- Commitment to professional values
- Customer / people oriented
- Extrovert / open minded
- Willing to work long hours and week ends
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS `
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inExecutive Director Jobs in Dubai
Vice President Jobs in Dubai
Sales Executive Jobs in Dubai