JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, With audacity, With imagination, With passion
Raffles the Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To assist the Quality Manager to monitor, analyze Quality Standards and implement all quality and performance improvement throughout the hotel as well as assist and provide training and assistance for all employees in the property.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a professional, warm and friendly service
- Schedule and monitor audits of the various areas. These audits will be conducted according to the standards of the Raffles Hotels and Resorts and LQA.
- In absence of Quality Manager participate in the Orientation course explaining the operation of the main programs of Quality of the hotel: TrustYou, LQA, and Social Media Reputation.
- Generate and share the daily guest satisfaction report, which must be accompanied by all surveys and comments in electronic media generated on the day before the report is sent.
- Attend randomly to the monthly meetings of the different departments to talk about guest satisfaction.
- Generate and deliver weekly guest satisfaction reports to the General Manager.
- Generate and analyze information that allows us to improve our guest satisfaction results [Trend Analysis]. Analyze results by gender, by age, by nationalities, by hotel sectors, according to the purpose of your stay, according to the different seasons we have during the year, according to the number of nights of stay, according services that have been used.
- Provide training to new hired leaders regarding our guest satisfaction program
- Along with Quality Manager, Create Property Goals, Department Objectives AND Key Strategies and Tasks for Achievement for Each department, and be the coach/accountability partner for each department in achieving those goals.
- Support training that is completely customized to each department, making "Feel Welcome" relevant for each department in practical ways
- Be the liaison between LQA and the property, analyzing data and formulating action plans with each department after each audit
- Work directly with the Public Relations team to respond appropriately to all written and verbal guest service recovery situations AND Social Media comments on Local Measure, ensuring that the guest feedback is integrated into training and also providing a keen eye on service culture points
- Staying atop industry trends to ensure that best practices are being engaged.
- Ensure ACDC is used efficiently by the Operations team, aiming at keeping the guests profiles up to date, and constantly enhanced as to deliver better results in terms of guest recognition and overall satisfaction.
- Drive iauditor culture by training and maintaining a tracking of iauditior activity in the hotel
- Support in utilization of Local Measures and Pulse to maximize guest satisfaction driving Reputation Performance Scores
- Support Rooms department in the successful implementation of Le Club AccorHotels loyalty program and the AccorHotels Customer Digital Card system
- Create awareness of the Customer Experience Community in the hotel
- Other tasks as assigned
- All trainings as per the task division in the Training Department to be conducted with full pre-planning actions, execution of training and post training activities.
- Meet with the training manager regularly to ensure effective running of the division and task distribution. Brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Update all administration regarding training records. Filing of documentation after Sofitel Brand Orientation, code of ethics, SOP training checklists, PCI Data Security compliance updates as and when required.
- Supervise, create, monitor, and follow up on all activities regarding the Raffles Quiz on product related questions and standards of the Hotel. Maintaining a data base of questions for this quiz. Organizing the testing and statistics for the quiz.
- Update the Training Notice Boards on a regular basis and also to monitor all other department notice boards. Ensuring that changes to the monthly training calendar are updated and communicated.
- Conducting regular grooming checks throughout the hotel and reporting any discrepancies.
- Conduct Raffles Brand Orientation for new colleagues in the hotel including the required Raffles Service and Raffles Behavioral Standards. Update the colleague handbook on a regular basis.
- Maintain Attendance and Pending reports and proactively coordinate attendance with departments to reduce amount of colleagues pending for required sessions.
- Develop and implement new training materials such as Info Sessions, Service Fundamentals, etc. based on Training Needs Analysis.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and administration of the Monthly Colleague Communication Forum.
- Liaise with Departmental Trainers and Leaders on a regular basis; attend departmental meetings in all hotel departments in order to build relationships, explain training requirements and also to ascertain training needs from various departments.
- Monitor trainers in their departments by attending a minimum of 2 training sessions conducted in the respective departments on a monthly basis.
- Conduct 2 weekly service delivery audits in specified areas and report results (i.e. Rooming, Reservations, IRD Order Taking, etc).
- Conduct quarterly Department Trainer Reviews and Assessments to help determine Trainer of the Quarter.
- Maintain accurate Database of certified and designated Department Trainers and maintain information related to departmental training hours, trainer incentives, etc.
- Administer the cross training process and related documentation.
- Administer the E-Cornell process and related documentation.
- Assist in conducting and compiling the bi annual Training Needs Analyses for the hotel.
- Update the Training section on the digital notice boards once weekly with up to date information.
- Carry out any other duties or assignments or reasonable requirements, given by the Director of Human Resources / Training Manager as required
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. (Additional foreign language would be an advantage)
- Have the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Creative, effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management capabilities, business acumen, energy and determination.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Projects positive attitude, and outgoing personality.
- Guest oriented.
- Should be able to work long hours with minimum supervision.
- Strong background in hospitality training.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of: Excel, MS Word, Power Point & Publisher.
- Knowledge of statistics and general calculation (required)
- Knowledge of luxury hotel standards (required)
- Know and interpret Quality indicators (required)
- Use and management of quality tools
- Knowledge in processes of continuous improvement (required)
- Knowledge of statistics and general calculation, ability to analyze and process information.
- Ability to lead work in teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications (required)
- Have advanced English level (required)
- Have a university or higher education degree in a related discipline (it is valued)
- Must have a professional and neat presentation.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and problem solving skills
- Be highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in an accelerated environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in the luxury hospitality industry with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Find Top Talent
Other jobs you might be interested inAssistant General Manager Jobs in Dubai
Office Manager Jobs in Dubai
Restaurant Manager Jobs in Dubai