JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Interact with Children:
• Treating all children with dignity and respect.
• Utilize appropriate language, interactions, and positive discipline.
• Model positive behavior.
• Assist children in classroom activities and daily duties (toileting, feeding, sleeping).
• Assist in age-appropriate activities that support EYFS curriculum, In the moment planning /approach.
• Continuously monitor children to ensure safety at all times, and report child abuse and neglect when necessary.
• The lead teachers carry out various activities which lead to the emotional, intellectual, and social development of children; the assistants need to help teachers in successfully conducting these activities.
• To help children in developing good habits including that personal hygiene is a minor yet important task to be handled by assistants; the different tasks associated with personal hygiene are toilet training and diaper changing.
• Assisting in outside playground activities.
• Ongoing supervision.
• Creating and maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children to learn and grow in.
• Assist the Lead Teacher in required activities in lesson plans that support children’s development, including the daily curriculum and Skillplay program.
• Help Lead Teacher execute activities that support lesson plans.
• Communicate with lead teacher & Parents:
• Maintain open communication with parents during hand-over. Discuss daily routine and inform parents on activities and children’s learning experiences. Always be positive and enthusiastic towards parents and other caretakers.
• Communicate all issues to the lead teacher so she can resolve issues or concerns that are raised.
• Communicate with the lead teacher about incidents that have been observed and/or recorded on site.
• Always keeping a professional attitude and loyalty to the school.
• Assist in designing and completing documentation panels for the classrooms and hallways as assigned by the teacher or centre director.
• Assist in taking photographs and making videos.
• She should be aware of the National Association for Education of Young Children’s (NAEYC) code of ethics.
• Work closely with the lead teacher and centre director, classroom teaching team and other content area specialists.
• Participate in team meetings.
• Communicate and share ideas and concerns with the centre director.
• Engage in continuing education and professional development activities such as training, workshops, and classes to meet required qualifications.
• Engage in events.
• Maintain a clean and organized learning environment.
• Follow the cleaning rota developed by centre director, making sure the designated areas are spotless.
• Engage in helping other staff members with any cleaning jobs, and be proactive in assisting others.
• Sanitize all surfaces, equipment, and classroom toys.
• Assist in maintaining a quality room arrangement in compliance with curriculum standards.
• Routinely check classroom equipment and materials to ensure they are in good repair.
• Participate and carry out regular deep cleaning sessions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Education, Cache Level 2 or 3.
• Teaching assistant experience of a minimum of 2 years.
• Knowledge of the EYFS framework, In the moment planning and child-led approach.
• Capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with administration, staff, consultants, regulators and founders in a team-orientated environment.
• Capacity to assume responsibility for own professional development.
• Ability to follow structured planning and schedules.
• Flexible, with the ability to work in a highly demanding, stressful environment.
• Ability to maintain the classroom and other designated areas, it being clean and tidy at all times.
• Outstanding time management.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Blossom Nursery is one of the leading Early Years education providers in the UAE, with 23 current locations and expanding further.