JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
Associate / Assistant Sustainability Manager (04 Months)
Start date: 1st September
The role of the Sustainability Associate Manager is to support on initiatives and activities to deliver sustainability strategy, and vision towards Net Zero carbon. The activities will range across a diverse portfolio of strategic and operational initiatives.
The Sustainability Associate Manager will have had experience in program management of sustainability projects, with a focus on agriculture and environmental education content development and delivery. This also includes practical field experience, actively engaging stakeholders to deliver results.
• Design and implement a range of educational initiatives to support the execution of Sustainability Strategy – supporting the organisation’s Net Zero ambitions
• Manage the calendar and schedule of delivery of trainings, other educational initiatives, and relevant sustainability communication
• Support the sustainability team in related activities and on-site operations during the event
• Support on sustainability communications efforts, ensuring compliance against specific reporting requirements (GRI), deliver consistency and integrity in sustainability information dissemination to internal and external stakeholders, and aligning it to wider national and international sustainability messaging.
• Work with suppliers to promote sustainability practices, handholding them to close non-compliances and improve performance.
• Conduct regular field audits and spot-checks on sustainability performance of vendors and tenants, ensuring they are compliant to the organisation’s sustainability policies and processes
• Work closely with communications and marketing department to develop and review sustainability information and talking points
• Develop and execute sustainability training modules to address key capacity building requirements to enhance sustainability performance
• Work closely with events team to ensure compliance with the organisation’s sustainability requirements, and tracking performances and lessons learnt for continuous improvement.
• Flexibly jump between tasks and support other members of the team during time-sensitive critical deliveries.
• Embody a culture of collaboration and transparency among direct team members and organisation-wide functions
• Proactively engage in knowledge sharing sessions to provide the team with the latest updates in the sustainability field
• Engage in relationship building activities to foster a synergistic environment within the team
• Work closely with line managers and senior leadership to establish open dialogue and identify opportunities for improvement
AED 12,000 to 14,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• A degree and/or post graduate education in environmental science, sustainable development, geography, environmental economics, public policy, engineering or other relevant degree
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in sustainability and environmental education / awareness building / communication
• Structured and analytical with complex problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis capabilities
• Superior persuasion skills with the ability to diplomatically communicate sustainability amongst diverse stakeholders (youth, leadership, experts, and business professionals etc.)
• Excellent ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and collaborate with other specialists and teams beyond core practice field.
• Practical understanding of international and national sustainability frameworks
• Strong planning and organization skills
• Creative, curious, and proactive in driving sustainability across the organisation
• Superior written and spoken English, with attention to detail in required report writing and content development
• Passionate about climate change, and progressing knowledge in the field
• Ability to collaboratively work with internal team, and cross-cultural integration
• Ability to communicate in written and spoken Arabic
• Knowledge of internationally recognized sustainability standards (LEED, CEEQUAL etc.)
• Smart Cities and urban planning experience
• Agriculture and food systems knowledge
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 2001, Ultimate HR Solutions bears the market reputation of being a complete HR Services provider, precise and pro-active in locating and managing human resources. Our client-friendly process and human capital infrastructure allows us to service ever changing client requirements in an efficient and effective manner. With comprehensive experience servicing world-class clientele and top-caliber candidates across a wide spectrum of industries, we measure our success through our growing list of satisfied clients. UHRS started with humble beginnings as a preferred recruitment partner, and from there branched out into outsourcing/ contract staffing.