JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
The Associate Director - Development would be responsible for the conceptual and commercial success of allocated asset development projects in accordance with strategic, land and project development plans, project program, approved budgets, and business plans.
• Provide visioning, land use planning and development advisory on real estate projects.
• Manage feasibility studies for new projects, research market trends, and business opportunities and compile information for the senior leadership.
• Deliver be-spoke market analysis to inform and support multiple real estate initiatives.
• Develop and provide timely market intelligence inputs to the Director of Development.
• Assist the Director of Development in identifying strategic partnerships and collaborations to enhance development efforts and reach (hold/sell, level of pre-commitment, term of ground lease etc.).
• Support various teams with technical content for preparation of RFPs, and consultant bids.
• Assist Leadership in preparation of presentations, critical, and strategic analysis.
• Support due diligence of Strategic Partnerships, JV’s, Operator Selections etc.
• Prepare coordinated Project Master Schedule, Program and Project Design Brief in consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
• Monitor development budgets against projected and actual costs and recommend appropriate solutions for variances.
• Provide inputs to Legal team on Commercial negotiations with external stakeholders and third-party agents.
• Collaborate with Project Design and Delivery team to align projects in-terms of design, quality, price, market profile and commercial structure.
• Review and deliver relevant documentation in coordination with other related departments of Leasing and Asset Management, and Sales departments.
• Keep abreast of regulatory changes affecting development requirements to take advantage of or compensate for the changes which may impact the project.
• Conduct market research to maintain timely intelligence regarding development plans and revenue projections.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Required Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Business, Architecture, or related fields
• Master’s degree in Business, Management preferred
• Professional work experience of 15+ years with real estate advisory firm or strategy division of leading developers in the region
• 7+ years of experience in the Middle East region
• Proven experience in similar Real Estate Development advisory and consulting role with a track record of driving revenue growth and profitability
• Fluent in English, Arabic is a plus
• Strong understanding of valuation, appraisals, commercial and financial feasibility of residential and commercial development projects
• Ability to travel as needed
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are Ashley Frazer
Together, with 30 years worth of combined experience, Co-founders Ash and Tom draw on their vast specialized knowledge in recruiting for the Industrial, Technology, and property and construction sectors in the MENA region, where they supported the growth of some of the world’s largest projects – to bring you sustainable staffing solutions, customized to your specific business needs and requirements.