JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
POSITION: Audio Video Technician
REPORTS TO: AV Supervisor
The Audio and Visual Technician operates, maintains and repairs all audio, visual and lighting equipment throughout the hotel. He will be responsible for the completion of other services or duties as requested by the Chief / Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Ensures all work follows safe work practices and procedures
- Responds immediately to all work requests which concern Health and Safety
- Responds to guest requests promptly in a professional and courteous manner
- Operates, maintains and repairs all audio, visual, lighting and related equipment
- Ensures the optimum performance of all A/V and lighting related equipment by effectively following the preventive maintenance routine
- Evaluates and appropriately responds to equipment usage and energy efficiency
- Completes all work orders with due diligence
- Maintains a daily log book highlighting problems and solutions; and activities
- Maintain A/V and lighting shop drawings and files
- Maintain equipment catalog and tagging directories
- Completes tasks as assigned by Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer
- Maintains health and safety documentation and records for the assigned area
- Reports and documents potential safety hazards
- Participates as directed in the emergency response team
PHYSICAL: Good health, able to do heavy lifting and walk/stand for extended periods of time
EDUCATION: Diploma in Electronics, related technical or trades certification
EXPERIENCE: At least 2 years experience as a service technician, preferably in the hospitality or hospital industry
- Proficient in A/V repair and maintenance plus basic knowledge of one other building operations skill set
- The ability to use all general repair tools, read shop drawings and specifications, make rough estimates of required materials.
- The ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- An energetic and dynamic personality
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.